Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Visfatin
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Visfatin antibody
See all Visfatin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Visfatin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: a wide range of other species
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Visfatin aa 1-100 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab45890 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.
|WB||1/250. Detects a band of approximately 56 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 56 kDa).|
FunctionCatalyzes the condensation of nicotinamide with 5-phosphoribosyl-1-pyrophosphate to yield nicotinamide mononucleotide, an intermediate in the biosynthesis of NAD. It is the rate limiting component in the mammalian NAD biosynthesis pathway.
Tissue specificityExpressed in large amounts in bone marrow, liver tissue, and muscle. Also present in heart, placenta, lung, and kidney tissues.
PathwayCofactor biosynthesis; NAD(+) biosynthesis; nicotinamide D-ribonucleotide from 5-phospho-alpha-D-ribose 1-diphosphate and nicotinamide: step 1/1.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NAPRTase family.
- Information by UniProt
- 1110035O14Rik antibody
- AI314458 antibody
- AI480535 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Visfatin antibody (ab45890) at 1/250 dilution
Lane 1 : Human brain tissue lysate - total protein (ab29466)
Lane 2 : Human heart tissue lysate - total protein (ab29431)
Lane 3 : Human skeletal muscle tissue lysate - total protein (ab29330)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 56 kDa
Observed band size: 56 kDa
ICC/IF image of ab45890 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab45890 at 10µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab45890 has been referenced in 19 publications.
- Yang HZ et al. Resveratrol inhibits the proliferation of melanoma cells by modulating cell cycle. Int J Food Sci Nutr 71:84-93 (2020). PubMed: 31154861
- Li T et al. MicroRNA-206 inhibition and activation of the AMPK/Nampt signalling pathway enhance sevoflurane post-conditioning-induced amelioration of myocardial ischaemia/reperfusion injury. J Drug Target 28:80-91 (2020). PubMed: 31092059
- Yao J et al. lncRNA GAS5/miR-223/NAMPT axis modulates the cell proliferation and senescence of endothelial progenitor cells through PI3K/AKT signaling. J Cell Biochem N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31026096
- Xing S et al. Nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase-related signaling pathway in early Alzheimer's disease mouse models. Mol Med Rep 20:5163-5171 (2019). PubMed: 31702813
- Sikorski K et al. A high-throughput pipeline for validation of antibodies. Nat Methods 15:909-912 (2018). PubMed: 30377371