Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Visfatin
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Visfatin antibody
See all Visfatin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Visfatin
SpecificityThis antibody reacts with PBEF
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Cat, Dog, Pig, Zebrafish
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab58640 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1.25 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 54 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 54 kDa). Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 4 - 8 µg/ml.|
FunctionCatalyzes the condensation of nicotinamide with 5-phosphoribosyl-1-pyrophosphate to yield nicotinamide mononucleotide, an intermediate in the biosynthesis of NAD. It is the rate limiting component in the mammalian NAD biosynthesis pathway.
Tissue specificityExpressed in large amounts in bone marrow, liver tissue, and muscle. Also present in heart, placenta, lung, and kidney tissues.
PathwayCofactor biosynthesis; NAD(+) biosynthesis; nicotinamide D-ribonucleotide from 5-phospho-alpha-D-ribose 1-diphosphate and nicotinamide: step 1/1.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NAPRTase family.
- Information by UniProt
- 1110035O14Rik antibody
- AI314458 antibody
- AI480535 antibody
Anti-Visfatin antibody (ab58640) at 1.25 µg/ml + Jurkat cell lysate at 10 µg with 5% skim milk in PBS buffer
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size: 54 kDa
Observed band size: 54 kDa
Gel concentration: 12%
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human kidney tissue labelling Visfatin with ab58640 at 4-8µg/ml. Arrows indicate positively labelled epithelial cells of the renal tubules. Magnification: 400X.
ab58640 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Hui Z et al. Visfatin promotes the malignancy of human acute myeloid leukemia cells via regulation of IL-17. Eur J Pharmacol 853:103-110 (2019). PubMed: 30876976
- Lee YC et al. Essential Role of Visfatin in Lipopolysaccharide and Colon Ascendens Stent Peritonitis-Induced Acute Lung Injury. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30987270
- Byun J et al. Both gain and loss of Nampt function promote pressure overload-induced heart failure. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 317:H711-H725 (2019). PubMed: 31347918
- Guo Q et al. NAMPT: A potential prognostic and therapeutic biomarker in patients with glioblastoma. Oncol Rep 42:963-972 (2019). PubMed: 31322259
- Lee Y et al. Dietary resveratrol increases mid-life fecundity of female Nothobranchius guentheri. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 208:71-76 (2018). PubMed: 29054583
- Shi C et al. Nicotinamide Phosphoribosyltransferase Inhibitor APO866 Prevents IL-1ß-Induced Human Nucleus Pulposus Cell Degeneration via Autophagy. Cell Physiol Biochem 49:2463-2482 (2018). PubMed: 30261504
- Zhang Q et al. Overexpression of miR-182 inhibits ossification of ligamentum flavum cells by targeting NAMPT. Exp Cell Res 367:119-131 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29601800
- Zhang J et al. Extended wakefulness: compromised metabolics in and degeneration of locus ceruleus neurons. J Neurosci 34:4418-31 (2014). Mouse . PubMed: 24647961
- Yamamoto T et al. Nicotinamide mononucleotide, an intermediate of NAD+ synthesis, protects the heart from ischemia and reperfusion. PLoS One 9:e98972 (2014). Mouse . PubMed: 24905194