Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [5E8] to Vitamin D Binding protein
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Vitamin D Binding protein antibody [5E8]
See all Vitamin D Binding protein primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [5E8] to Vitamin D Binding protein
Specificityab23484 is specific for Gc-globulin.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Gc-globulin isolated from human plasma.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.0268% PBS, 2.9% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab23484 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 53 kDa.|
FunctionMultifunctional protein found in plasma, ascitic fluid, cerebrospinal fluid, and urine and on the surface of many cell types. In plasma, it carries the vitamin D sterols and prevents polymerization of actin by binding its monomers. DBP associates with membrane-bound immunoglobulin on the surface of B-lymphocytes and with IgG Fc receptor on the membranes of T-lymphocytes.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ALB/AFP/VDB family.
Contains 3 albumin domains.
- Information by UniProt
- DBP antibody
- DBP/GC antibody
- GC antibody
All lanes : Anti-Vitamin D Binding protein antibody [5E8] (ab23484) at 5 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human liver tissue lysate - total protein (ab29889)
Lane 2 : Human ovary tissue lysate - total protein (ab30222)
Lane 3 : Human spleen tissue lysate - total protein (ab29699)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Mouse IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Predicted band size: 53 kDa
Observed band size: 53 kDa
Additional bands at: 25 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab23484 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Kodama K et al. Expression-Based Genome-Wide Association Study Links Vitamin D-Binding Protein With Autoantigenicity in Type 1 Diabetes. Diabetes 65:1341-9 (2016). PubMed: 26983959
- Gharesi-Fard B et al. Alteration in the Expression of Proteins in Unexplained Recurrent Pregnancy Loss Compared with in the Normal Placenta. J Reprod Dev N/A:N/A (2014). WB ; Human . PubMed: 24621454
- Gharesi-Fard B et al. Proteome Differences in the First- and Third-Trimester Human Placentas. Reprod Sci N/A:N/A (2014). PubMed: 25201741
- Behrouz GF et al. Presence of auto-antibody against two placental proteins, annexin A1 and vitamin D binding protein, in sera of women with pre-eclampsia. J Reprod Immunol 99:10-6 (2013). WB . PubMed: 23830177
- Hernández-Martín A et al. Synthesis of vitamin D3 analogues with A-ring modifications to directly measure vitamin D levels in biological samples. Bioorg Med Chem 21:7779-89 (2013). PubMed: 24216092