Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Vitamin D Binding protein
- Suitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Vitamin D Binding protein antibody
See all Vitamin D Binding protein primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Vitamin D Binding protein
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Pig
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following tissue lysates: human liver and human ovary IHC-P: Human kidney FFPE tissue sections.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab65636 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 53 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 53 kDa).|
FunctionMultifunctional protein found in plasma, ascitic fluid, cerebrospinal fluid, and urine and on the surface of many cell types. In plasma, it carries the vitamin D sterols and prevents polymerization of actin by binding its monomers. DBP associates with membrane-bound immunoglobulin on the surface of B-lymphocytes and with IgG Fc receptor on the membranes of T-lymphocytes.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ALB/AFP/VDB family.
Contains 3 albumin domains.
- Information by UniProt
- DBP antibody
- DBP/GC antibody
- GC antibody
All lanes : Anti-Vitamin D Binding protein antibody (ab65636) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human liver tissue lysate - total protein (ab29889)
Lane 2 : Human ovary tissue lysate - total protein (ab30222)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 53 kDa
Observed band size: 53 kDa
Exposure time: 1 minute
IHC image of Vitamin D Binding Protein staining in human kidney FFPE section, performed on a BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab65636, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX
ICC/IF image of ab65636 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab65636, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab65636 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Ackermann AM et al. Integration of ATAC-seq and RNA-seq identifies human alpha cell and beta cell signature genes. Mol Metab 5:233-44 (2016). Human . PubMed: 26977395
- Taniuchi K et al. RUVBL1 directly binds actin filaments and induces formation of cell protrusions to promote pancreatic cancer cell invasion. Int J Oncol 44:1945-54 (2014). PubMed: 24728183
- Tao W et al. Hormonal induction and roles of Disabled-2 in lactation and involution. PLoS One 9:e110737 (2014). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 25360623
- Hernández-Martín A et al. Synthesis of vitamin D3 analogues with A-ring modifications to directly measure vitamin D levels in biological samples. Bioorg Med Chem 21:7779-89 (2013). PubMed: 24216092