Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to VP16 tag
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-VP16 tag antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to VP16 tag
SpecificityThis antibody was raised against an immunogen that is predicted to react with HSV-1. We do not expect this product to react with HSV-2. Abcam welcomes customer feedback and would appreciate any comments regarding this product.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Herpes simplex virus VP16 tag aa 450 to the C-terminus conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody recognises GAL4-VP16 recombinant fusion protein (30kDa) in Western blot.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab4808 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 30 kDa.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
ab4808 at a 1/100 dilution staining mouse brain sections by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). Following heat mediated antigen retrieval, the antibody was incubated with the tissue for 24 hours. Bound antibody was detected using an Alexa-Fluor 488 ® conjugated Donkey anti-Rabbit IgG.
This image is courtesy of an Abreview submitted on 10 March 2006.
Lane 1 : Marker
Lanes 2-3 : Anti-VP16 tag antibody (ab4808) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 2 : GAL4-VP16 human recombinant E.coli
Lane 3 : GAL4-VP16 human recombinant E.coli
with VP16 tag peptide (ab13406) at 1 µg/ml
Lanes 2-3 : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) Pre-Adsorbed at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
ab4808 has been referenced in 22 publications.
- Rodrigue A et al. A global functional analysis of missense mutations reveals two major hotspots in the PALB2 tumor suppressor. Nucleic Acids Res 47:10662-10677 (2019). PubMed: 31586400
- Saito AN et al. Structure-function study of a novel inhibitor of the casein kinase 1 family in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Direct 3:e00172 (2019). PubMed: 31549020
- Wang L et al. Two Paralogous Tetraspanins TSP-12 and TSP-14 Function with the ADAM10 Metalloprotease SUP-17 to Promote BMP Signaling in Caenorhabditis elegans. PLoS Genet 13:e1006568 (2017). PubMed: 28068334
- Fehrenbacher N et al. The G protein-coupled receptor GPR31 promotes membrane association of KRAS. J Cell Biol 216:2329-2338 (2017). PubMed: 28619714
- Smith RWP et al. Viral and cellular mRNA-specific activators harness PABP and eIF4G to promote translation initiation downstream of cap binding. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 114:6310-6315 (2017). PubMed: 28559344