Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR13378] to VPS18 - N-terminal
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-VPS18 antibody [EPR13378] - N-terminal
See all VPS18 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR13378] to VPS18 - N-terminal
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human VPS18 aa 1-100 (N terminal) (Cysteine residue). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: Q9P253
- HeLa, 293T and K562 cell lysates; 293T cells; K562 cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab178416 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 110 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/250.|
|Flow Cyt||1/10 - 1/100.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionMay play a role in vesicle-mediated protein trafficking to lysosomal compartments and in membrane docking/fusion reactions of late endosomes/lysosomes.
Tissue specificityUbiquitous. Expression was highest in heart and low in lung.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the VPS18 family.
Contains 1 clathrin repeat.
Contains 1 RING-type zinc finger.
Cellular localizationLate endosome membrane. Lysosome membrane. Cytoplasmic, peripheral membrane protein associated with late endosomes/lysosomes.
- Information by UniProt
- hVPS18 antibody
- PEP3 antibody
- Vacuolar protein sorting 18 antibody
All lanes : Anti-VPS18 antibody [EPR13378] - N-terminal (ab178416) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 2 : 293T cell lysate
Lane 3 : K562 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 110 kDa
Additional bands at: 100 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Immunofluorescent analysis of 293T cells labeling VPS18 with ab178416 at 1/100 (green) and DAPI staining (blue).
Flow Cytometrical analysis of permeabilized K562 cells labeling VPS18 with ab178416 at 1/10 (red) or a rabbit IgG (negative) (green).
ab178416 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Marwaha R et al. The Rab7 effector PLEKHM1 binds Arl8b to promote cargo traffic to lysosomes. J Cell Biol 216:1051-1070 (2017). PubMed: 28325809
- Sindhwani A et al. Salmonella exploits the host endolysosomal tethering factor HOPS complex to promote its intravacuolar replication. PLoS Pathog 13:e1006700 (2017). PubMed: 29084291