Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR13456] to VPS26
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IP
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-VPS26 antibody [EPR13456]
See all VPS26 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR13456] to VPS26
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IPmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or IHC-P
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide (the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive) within Human VPS26 aa 250 to the C-terminus (Cysteine residue). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: O75436
- HepG2, HeLa, 293T, and A431 cell lysates; HeLa cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab181352 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 38 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/250.|
|IP||1/10 - 1/100.|
FunctionEssential component of the retromer complex, a complex required to retrieve lysosomal enzyme receptors (IGF2R and M6PR) from endosomes to the trans-Golgi network. Also required to regulate transcytosis of the polymeric immunoglobulin receptor (pIgR-pIgA).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the VPS26 family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Endosome membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- FLJ12930 antibody
- HB 58 antibody
- HB58 antibody
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 2: VPS26 knockout HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 3: HeLa cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 4: HepG2 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1 - 4: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab181352 observed at 40 kDa. Red - loading control, ab18058, observed at 124 kDa.
ab181352 was shown to specifically react with VPS26 when VPS26 knockout samples were used. Wild-type and VPS26 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab181352 and ab18058 (loading control to Vinculin) were diluted to 1/1000 and 1/10000 respectively and incubated overnight at 4°C. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed ( ab216773) and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preadsorbed (ab216776) secondary antibodies at 1/10000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
Immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells labeling VPS26 with ab181352 at 1/100 dilution (red). DAPI nuclear staining (blue).
All lanes : Anti-VPS26 antibody [EPR13456] (ab181352) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 3 : 293T cell lysate
Lane 4 : A431 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 38 kDa
Western blot analysis on immunoprecipitation pellet from HeLa cell lysate pulling down VPS26 using ab181352 at 1/10 dilution.
ab181352 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Sapmaz A et al. USP32 regulates late endosomal transport and recycling through deubiquitylation of Rab7. Nat Commun 10:1454 (2019). PubMed: 30926795
- Mir R et al. The Parkinson's disease VPS35[D620N] mutation enhances LRRK2-mediated Rab protein phosphorylation in mouse and human. Biochem J 475:1861-1883 (2018). PubMed: 29743203
- Jimenez-Orgaz A et al. Control of RAB7 activity and localization through the retromer-TBC1D5 complex enables RAB7-dependent mitophagy. EMBO J 37:235-254 (2018). PubMed: 29158324
- Kvainickas A et al. Cargo-selective SNX-BAR proteins mediate retromer trimer independent retrograde transport. J Cell Biol 216:3677-3693 (2017). PubMed: 28935632
- Tammineni P et al. Impaired axonal retrograde trafficking of the retromer complex augments lysosomal deficits in Alzheimer's disease neurons. Hum Mol Genet 26:4352-4366 (2017). PubMed: 28973312
- Kvainickas A et al. Retromer- and WASH-dependent sorting of nutrient transporters requires a multivalent interaction network with ANKRD50. J Cell Sci 130:382-395 (2017). PubMed: 27909246
- Boonen M et al. Cathepsin D and its newly identified transport receptor SEZ6L2 can modulate neurite outgrowth. J Cell Sci 129:557-68 (2016). PubMed: 26698217
- Fuse A et al. VPS29-VPS35 intermediate of retromer is stable and may be involved in the retromer complex assembly process. FEBS Lett 589:1430-6 (2015). PubMed: 25937119
- McGough IJ et al. Identification of molecular heterogeneity in SNX27-retromer-mediated endosome-to-plasma-membrane recycling. J Cell Sci 127:4940-53 (2014). PubMed: 25278552