Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to VPS29
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-VPS29 antibody
See all VPS29 primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to VPS29
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Dog
- Human muscle and kidney extracts.
VPS29, VPS30, and VPS35 proteins are required for the normal recycling of Vps10p, a late Golgi transmembrane protein that acts as the sorting receptor for soluble vacuolar hydrolases, from the prevacuolar endosome back to the Golgi.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
Primary antibody notesVPS29, VPS30, and VPS35 proteins are required for the normal recycling of Vps10p, a late Golgi transmembrane protein that acts as the sorting receptor for soluble vacuolar hydrolases, from the prevacuolar endosome back to the Golgi.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10160 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.3 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 20 kDa.
1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product.
FunctionEssential component of the retromer complex, a complex required to retrieve lysosomal enzyme receptors (IGF2R and M6PR) from endosomes to the trans-Golgi network. Also required to regulate transcytosis of the polymeric immunoglobulin receptor (pIgR-pIgA). Has low protein phosphatase activity towards a serine-phosphorylated peptide derived from IGF2R (in vitro).
Tissue specificityUbiquitous. Highly expressed in heart, lung, placenta, spleen, peripheral blood leukocytes, thymus, colon skeletal muscle, kidney and brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the VPS29 family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Membrane. Endosome membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- DC15 antibody
- DC7 antibody
- DKFZp564F0223 antibody
ab10160 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Li JG et al. A pharmacological chaperone improves memory by reducing Aß and tau neuropathology in a mouse model with plaques and tangles. Mol Neurodegener 15:1 (2020). PubMed: 31964406
- Chen X et al. Parkinson's disease-linked D620N VPS35 knockin mice manifest tau neuropathology and dopaminergic neurodegeneration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 116:5765-5774 (2019). PubMed: 30842285
- Li JG et al. Full recovery of the Alzheimer's disease phenotype by gain of function of vacuolar protein sorting 35. Mol Psychiatry N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30733594
- Williams ET et al. Parkin mediates the ubiquitination of VPS35 and modulates retromer-dependent endosomal sorting. Hum Mol Genet 27:3189-3205 (2018). PubMed: 29893854
- Singh V et al. Cholera toxin inhibits SNX27-retromer-mediated delivery of cargo proteins to the plasma membrane. J Cell Sci 131:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30030371
- Zavodszky E et al. Mutation in VPS35 associated with Parkinson's disease impairs WASH complex association and inhibits autophagy. Nat Commun 5:3828 (2014). WB ; Human . PubMed: 24819384