Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to VPS29
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-VPS29 antibody
See all VPS29 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to VPS29
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Cat, Dog, Drosophila melanogaster, Zebrafish
- ACHN cell lysate.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab98929 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 21 kDa. Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
FunctionEssential component of the retromer complex, a complex required to retrieve lysosomal enzyme receptors (IGF2R and M6PR) from endosomes to the trans-Golgi network. Also required to regulate transcytosis of the polymeric immunoglobulin receptor (pIgR-pIgA). Has low protein phosphatase activity towards a serine-phosphorylated peptide derived from IGF2R (in vitro).
Tissue specificityUbiquitous. Highly expressed in heart, lung, placenta, spleen, peripheral blood leukocytes, thymus, colon skeletal muscle, kidney and brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the VPS29 family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Membrane. Endosome membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- DC15 antibody
- DC7 antibody
- DKFZp564F0223 antibody
ab98929 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Casanova A et al. A Role for the VPS Retromer in Brucella Intracellular Replication Revealed by Genomewide siRNA Screening. mSphere 4:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31243080
- Song J & Wang C Transcriptomic and proteomic analyses of genetic factors influencing adductor muscle coloration in QN Orange scallops. BMC Genomics 20:363 (2019). PubMed: 31072381
- Curnock R et al. TFEB controls retromer expression in response to nutrient availability. J Cell Biol 218:3954-3966 (2019). PubMed: 31694921
- Jimenez-Orgaz A et al. Control of RAB7 activity and localization through the retromer-TBC1D5 complex enables RAB7-dependent mitophagy. EMBO J 37:235-254 (2018). PubMed: 29158324
- Tilley FC et al. Retromer associates with the cytoplasmic amino-terminus of polycystin-2. J Cell Sci 131:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29724910
- Kvainickas A et al. Cargo-selective SNX-BAR proteins mediate retromer trimer independent retrograde transport. J Cell Biol 216:3677-3693 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28935632
- McNally KE et al. Retriever is a multiprotein complex for retromer-independent endosomal cargo recycling. Nat Cell Biol 19:1214-1225 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28892079
- McMillan KJ et al. Atypical parkinsonism-associated retromer mutant alters endosomal sorting of specific cargo proteins. J Cell Biol 214:389-99 (2016). PubMed: 27528657
- Munsie LN et al. Retromer-dependent neurotransmitter receptor trafficking to synapses is altered by the Parkinson's disease VPS35 mutation p.D620N. Hum Mol Genet 24:1691-703 (2015). PubMed: 25416282
- Fuse A et al. VPS29-VPS35 intermediate of retromer is stable and may be involved in the retromer complex assembly process. FEBS Lett 589:1430-6 (2015). PubMed: 25937119