Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR5301] to VPS34
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-VPS34 antibody [EPR5301]
See all VPS34 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR5301] to VPS34
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human VPS34 aa 800-900. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- L6, C2C12, 293T, SHYSY-5Y cell lysates; Mouse brain tissue lysate; Human gastric adenocarcinoma tissue
This product was previously labelled as PI 3 Kinase Class 3
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 3.27 x 10 -10 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab124905 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 100 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 102 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionCatalytic subunit of the PI3K complex that mediates formation of phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate. Involved in the transport of lysosomal enzyme precursors to lysosomes. Required for the abcission step in cytokinesis.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed, with a highest expression in skeletal muscle.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PI3/PI4-kinase family.
Contains 1 PI3K/PI4K domain.
- Information by UniProt
- hVps34 antibody
- MGC61518 antibody
- Phosphatidylinositol 3 kinase catalytic subunit type 3 antibody
All lanes : Anti-VPS34 antibody [EPR5301] (ab124905) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : L6 cell lysate
Lane 2 : C2C12 cell lysate
Lane 3 : 293T cell lysate
Lane 4 : Mouse brain tissue lysate
Lane 5 : SHSY-5Y cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 102 kDa
Observed band size: 100 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab124905, at 1/50 dilution, staining PI 3 Kinase in paraffin-embedded Human gastric adenocarcinoma tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
ab124905 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Wang X et al. PIK3C3 Acts as a Tumor Suppressor in Esophageal Squamous Cell Carcinoma and Was Regulated by MiR-340-5p. Med Sci Monit 26:e920642 (2020). PubMed: 32207410
- Tan S et al. ß-Arrestin1 enhances liver fibrosis through autophagy-mediated Snail signaling. FASEB J 33:2000-2016 (2019). PubMed: 30216111
- Zhang Q et al. Regulation of TGF-ß1 on PI3KC3 and its role in hypertension-induced vascular injuries. Exp Ther Med 17:1717-1727 (2019). PubMed: 30783440
- Huang X et al. The HGF-MET axis coordinates liver cancer metabolism and autophagy for chemotherapeutic resistance. Autophagy 15:1258-1279 (2019). PubMed: 30786811
- Kimura H et al. Vps34 regulates myofibril proteostasis to prevent hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. JCI Insight 2:e89462 (2017). PubMed: 28097232
- Sun Y et al. TMEM74 promotes tumor cell survival by inducing autophagy via interactions with ATG16L1 and ATG9A. Cell Death Dis 8:e3031 (2017). PubMed: 29048433
- Liu HS et al. Astragaloside IV inhibits microglia activation via glucocorticoid receptor mediated signaling pathway. Sci Rep 6:19137 (2016). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 26750705
- Shin HJ et al. AMPK-SKP2-CARM1 signalling cascade in transcriptional regulation of autophagy. Nature 534:553-7 (2016). PubMed: 27309807
- Cheng B et al. BECN1s, a short splice variant of BECN1, functions in mitophagy. Autophagy 11:2048-2056 (2015). PubMed: 26649941
- Bechtel W et al. Vps34 deficiency reveals the importance of endocytosis for podocyte homeostasis. J Am Soc Nephrol 24:727-43 (2013). PubMed: 23492732