Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to VR1
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab31895 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionReceptor-activated non-selective calcium permeant cation channel involved in detection of noxious chemical and thermal stimuli. Seems to mediate proton influx and may be involved in intracellular acidosis in nociceptive neurons. May be involved in mediation of inflammatory pain and hyperalgesia. Sensitized by a phosphatidylinositol second messenger system activated by receptor tyrosine kinases, which involves PKC isozymes and PCL. Acts as ionotropic endocannabinoid receptor with central neuromodulatory effects. Triggers a form of long-term depression (TRPV1-LTD) mediated by the endocannabinoid anandamine in the hippocampus and nucleus accubens by affecting AMPA receptors endocytosis.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed at low levels. Expression is elevated in dorsal root ganglia. In skin, expressed in cutaneous sensory nerve fibers, mast cells, epidermal keratinocytes, dermal blood vessels, the inner root sheet and the infundibulum of hair follicles, differentiated sebocytes, sweat gland ducts, and the secretory portion of eccrine sweat glands (at protein level).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transient receptor (TC 1.A.4) family. TrpV subfamily. TRPV1 sub-subfamily.
Contains 6 ANK repeats.
DomainThe association domain (AD) is necessary for self-association.
modificationsPhosphorylation by PKA reverses capsaicin-induced dephosphorylation at multiple sites, probably including Ser-117 as a major phosphorylation site. Phoshphorylation by CAMKII seems to regulate binding to vanilloids. Phosphorylated and modulated by PKCM and probably PKCZ. Dephosphorylation by calcineurin seems to lead to receptor desensitization and phosphorylation by CAMKII recovers activity.
Cellular localizationCell junction > synapse > postsynaptic cell membrane. Cell projection > dendritic spine membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Capsaicin receptor antibody
- DKFZp434K0220 antibody
- osm 9 like TRP channel 1 antibody
ab31895 has been referenced in 22 publications.
- Minami A et al. Hyperbaric oxygen significantly improves frequent urination, hyperalgesia, and tissue damage in a mouse long-lasting cystitis model induced by an intravesical instillation of hydrogen peroxide. Neurourol Urodyn 38:97-106 (2019). PubMed: 30411813
- Weber L et al. The Development of a Macromolecular Analgesic for Arthritic Pain. Mol Pharm 16:1234-1244 (2019). PubMed: 30702897
- Katri A et al. Combining naproxen and a dual amylin and calcitonin receptor agonist improves pain and structural outcomes in the collagen-induced arthritis rat model. Arthritis Res Ther 21:68 (2019). PubMed: 30795801
- Blaha I et al. Bladder Dysfunction in an Obese Zucker Rat: The Role of TRPA1 Channels, Oxidative Stress, and Hydrogen Sulfide. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2019:5641645 (2019). PubMed: 31531184
- Chakrabarti S et al. Acute inflammation sensitizes knee-innervating sensory neurons and decreases mouse digging behavior in a TRPV1-dependent manner. Neuropharmacology 143:49-62 (2018). PubMed: 30240782