Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Wnt10b
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Wnt10b antibody
See all Wnt10b primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Wnt10b
Specificityab70816 only recognizes the longer isoform of Wnt10b and will not cross-react with Wnt10a.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
15 amino acid peptide from near the center of human Wnt10b (NP_003385).
- Human skeletal muscle tissue lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab70816 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2.5 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 2 - 4 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 47 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 43 kDa).|
FunctionLigand for members of the frizzled family of seven transmembrane receptors. Probable developmental protein. May be a signaling molecule which affects the development of discrete regions of tissues. Is likely to signal over only few cell diameters.
Tissue specificityDetected in most adult tissues. Highest levels were found in heart and skeletal muscle. Low levels are found in brain.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in WNT10B are the cause of split-hand/foot malformation type 6 (SHFM6) [MIM:225300]. SHFM is a limb malformation involving the central rays of the autopod and presenting with syndactyly, median clefts of the hands and feet, and aplasia and/or hypoplasia of the phalanges, metacarpals, and metatarsals. SHFM6 is a autosomal recessive disorder.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Wnt family.
Developmental stageInfant brain has higher levels of WNT10B than adult brain.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- Protein Wnt-10b antibody
- Protein Wnt-12 antibody
- SHFM6 antibody
Lane 1 : Anti-Wnt10b antibody (ab70816) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Anti-Wnt10b antibody (ab70816) at 4 µg/ml
All lanes : Human skeletal muscle tissue lysate
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 43 kDa
Observed band size: 47 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 93 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab70816 at 2.5 µ/ml staining Wnt10 in human skeletal muscle tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/ PFA fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections).
ICC/IF image of ab70816 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab70816, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h.Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab70816 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Rong X et al. Human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells-derived exosomes alleviate liver fibrosis through the Wnt/ß-catenin pathway. Stem Cell Res Ther 10:98 (2019). PubMed: 30885249
- Zhuo FL et al. Effects of CO2 fractional laser on hair growth in C57BL/6 mice and potential underlying mechanisms. Chin Med J (Engl) 132:1257-1260 (2019). PubMed: 30913066
- Liu YB et al. Silencing long non-coding RNA MEG3 accelerates tibia fraction healing by regulating the Wnt/ß-catenin signalling pathway. J Cell Mol Med 23:3855-3866 (2019). PubMed: 30955246
- Miao J et al. Wnt/ß-catenin/RAS signaling mediates age-related renal fibrosis and is associated with mitochondrial dysfunction. Aging Cell 18:e13004 (2019). PubMed: 31318148
- Dai BW et al. HOXC10 promotes migration and invasion via the WNT-EMT signaling pathway in oral squamous cell carcinoma. J Cancer 10:4540-4551 (2019). PubMed: 31528218