Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR6064] to Wnt16
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Wnt16 antibody [EPR6064]
See all Wnt16 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR6064] to Wnt16
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC or IHC-P
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Wnt16 aa 50-150. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- WB: Raji, LnCaP, HepG2, 293T, Mouse brain, and Rat brain lysates.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 6.05 x 10 -11 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109437 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 41 kDa.|
FunctionLigand for members of the frizzled family of seven transmembrane receptors. Probable developmental protein. May be a signaling molecule which affects the development of discrete regions of tissues. Is likely to signal over only few cell diameters.
Tissue specificityIsoform Wnt-16b is expressed in peripheral lymphoid organs such as spleen, appendix, and lymph nodes, in kidney but not in bone marrow. Isoform Wnt-16a is expressed at significant levels only in the pancreas.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Wnt family.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- Protein Wnt 16 precursor antibody
- Protein Wnt-16 antibody
- Wingless type MMTV integration site family member 16 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Wnt16 antibody [EPR6064] (ab109437) at 1/1000 dilution (Purified)
Lane 1 : Raji (Human Burkitt's lymphoma B lymphocyte) whole cell lysates
Lane 2 : Mouse brain lysates
Lane 3 : Rat brain lysates
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/20000 dilution
Predicted band size: 41 kDa
Observed band size: 41 kDa
All lanes : Anti-Wnt16 antibody [EPR6064] (ab109437) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : LnCaP cell lysate
Lane 2 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lane 3 : Raji cell lysate
Lane 4 : 293T cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 41 kDa
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
ab109437 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Guo G et al. Hsa_circ_0000479 as a Novel Diagnostic Biomarker of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Front Immunol 10:2281 (2019). PubMed: 31608065
- Ding SM et al. The role of cancer-associated fibroblast MRC-5 in pancreatic cancer. J Cancer 9:614-628 (2018). WB ; Human . PubMed: 29483967
- Hildebrandt S et al. Glucocorticoids suppress Wnt16 expression in osteoblasts in vitro and in vivo. Sci Rep 8:8711 (2018). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 29880826
- Spinelli C et al. Molecular subtypes and differentiation programmes of glioma stem cells as determinants of extracellular vesicle profiles and endothelial cell-stimulating activities. J Extracell Vesicles 7:1490144 (2018). PubMed: 30034643
- Munguía-Reyes A et al. R-Spondin-2 Is Upregulated in Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis and Affects Fibroblast Behavior. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 59:65-76 (2018). PubMed: 29345973
- Marthandan S et al. Similarities in Gene Expression Profiles during In Vitro Aging of Primary Human Embryonic Lung and Foreskin Fibroblasts. Biomed Res Int 2015:731938 (2015). WB . PubMed: 26339636
- Andres-Mateos E et al. Impaired skeletal muscle regeneration in the absence of fibrosis during hibernation in 13-lined ground squirrels. PLoS One 7:e48884 (2012). WB ; Other species . PubMed: 23155423