Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Wnt3a
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Xenopus laevis
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Wnt3a antibody
See all Wnt3a primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Wnt3a
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Xenopus laevis
Predicted to work with: Chicken, Human, Zebrafish, a wide range of other species
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Wnt3a aa 200-300 (internal sequence) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- In WB, this antibody gave a positive signal when tested against a partial recombinant protein. IHC-P: Mouse placenta FFPE tissue sections.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab19925 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 39 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 39 kDa). Can be blocked with Wnt3a peptide (ab23326).|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionLigand for members of the frizzled family of seven transmembrane receptors. Wnt-3 and Wnt-3a play distinct roles in cell-cell signaling during morphogenesis of the developing neural tube.
Tissue specificityModerately expressed in placenta and at low levels in adult lung, spleen, and prostate.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Wnt family.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- Protein Wnt 3a Precursor antibody
- Protein Wnt-3a antibody
- Wingless type MMTV integration site family member 3A antibody
IHC image of Wnt3a staining in mouse placenta formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica Bond system using the standard protocol B. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab19925, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated ABC system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times
Anti-Wnt3a antibody (ab19925) at 1 µg/ml + Recombinant mouse Wnt3a, AAs 19-352 with a 16 AA n-terminal non-Wnt3a sequence at 0.1 µg
IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/15000 dilution
Predicted band size: 39 kDa
Observed band size: 39 kDa
ab19925 detects a band of the expected size for recombinant mouse Wnt3a.
ab19925 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Kerdidani D et al. Wnt1 silences chemokine genes in dendritic cells and induces adaptive immune resistance in lung adenocarcinoma. Nat Commun 10:1405 (2019). PubMed: 30926812
- Jiang Z et al. Inactivation of the Wnt/ß-catenin signaling pathway underlies inhibitory role of microRNA-129-5p in epithelial-mesenchymal transition and angiogenesis of prostate cancer by targeting ZIC2. Cancer Cell Int 19:271 (2019). PubMed: 31649488
- Li H et al. CLK3 Is A Direct Target Of miR-144 And Contributes To Aggressive Progression In Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Onco Targets Ther 12:9201-9213 (2019). PubMed: 31807004
- Yu R et al. miR-377 targets CUL4A and regulates metastatic capability in ovarian cancer. Int J Mol Med 41:3147-3156 (2018). PubMed: 29512715
- Volpini X et al. Trypanosoma cruzi Exploits Wnt Signaling Pathway to Promote Its Intracellular Replication in Macrophages. Front Immunol 9:859 (2018). PubMed: 29743880