Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Wnt6
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Wnt6 antibody
See all Wnt6 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Wnt6
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Wnt6 aa 250-350 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following whole cell lysates: HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line); Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line); A431 (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line); HEK293 (Human embryonic kidney cell line); HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line); MCF7 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line); SHSY-5Y (Human neuroblastoma cell line); U2OS (Human osteosarcoma cell line)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab50030 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 40 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionLigand for members of the frizzled family of seven transmembrane receptors. Probable developmental protein. May be a signaling molecule which affects the development of discrete regions of tissues. Is likely to signal over only few cell diameters.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Wnt family.
modificationsPalmitoylation at Ser-228 is required for efficient binding to frizzled receptors. It is also required for subsequent palmitoylation at Cys-76. Palmitoylation is necessary for proper trafficking to cell surface.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- Protein Wnt 6 antibody
- Protein Wnt-6 antibody
- Protein Wnt-6 precursor antibody
All lanes : Anti-Wnt6 antibody (ab50030) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : A431 (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : HEK293 Human embryonic kidney cell line Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 5 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 6 : MCF7 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 7 : SHSY-5Y (Human neuroblastoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 8 : U2OS (Human osteosarcoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 40 kDa
Observed band size: 55 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Wnt6 has a predicted molecular weight of 40 kDa; however it has a number of potential glycosylation sites which may affect the migration of the protein (SwissProt data). Abcam currently sell two antibodies to this target, ab49946 which detects a band at 78 kDa and ab50030 which detects a band at 55 kDa. Abcam welcomes customer feedback and would appreciate any comments regarding this product and the data presented above.
ICC/IF image of ab50030 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab50030, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899 Dylight 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab50030 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Peng J et al. High WNT6 expression indicates unfavorable survival outcome for patients with colorectal liver metastasis after liver resection. J Cancer 10:2619-2627 (2019). PubMed: 31258769
- Zheng XL & Yu HG Wnt6 contributes tumorigenesis and development of colon cancer via its effects on cell proliferation, apoptosis, cell-cycle and migration. Oncol Lett 16:1163-1172 (2018). PubMed: 29963191
- Gonçalves CS et al. WNT6 is a novel oncogenic prognostic biomarker in human glioblastoma. Theranostics 8:4805-4823 (2018). PubMed: 30279739
- Pope C et al. The role of H19, a long non-coding RNA, in mouse liver postnatal maturation. PLoS One 12:e0187557 (2017). PubMed: 29099871
- Zhang L et al. Increased WNT6 expression in tumor cells predicts unfavorable survival in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma patients. Int J Clin Exp Pathol 8:11421-7 (2015). PubMed: 26617869
- Richards MH et al. Porcupine is not required for the production of the majority of Wnts from primary human astrocytes and CD8+ T cells. PLoS One 9:e92159 (2014). WB . PubMed: 24647048
- Yuan G et al. WNT6 is a novel target gene of caveolin-1 promoting chemoresistance to epirubicin in human gastric cancer cells. Oncogene : (2012). WB, IHC . PubMed: 22370641
- Wang C et al. Effect of Wnt6 on human dental papilla cells in vitro. J Endod 36:238-43 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20113781