Product nameWST-1 Assay Reagent - Cell Proliferation (ready to use)
See all Cell viability/proliferation kits
Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay time0h 30m
WST-1 Assay Reagent ab155902 provides a simple, accurate and ready-to-use assay to measure cell proliferation, cell viability and cytotoxicity in mammalian cells.
The WST-1 assay protocol is based on the cleavage of the tetrazolium salt WST-1 to formazan by cellular mitochondrial dehydrogenases. The larger the number of viable cells, the higher the activity of the mitochondrial dehydrogenases, and in turn the greater the amount of formazan dye formed.
The WST-1 assay protocol is very simple:
- add the WST-1 assay reagent to the cell culture media and incubate for between 0.5 and 4 hrs
- shake the plate to mix the contents
- analyze the amount of formazan dye produced by measuring the absorbance at 440 nm
WST-1 assays are non-radioactive, rapid and more sensitive than MTT, XTT, or MTS-based assays. The entire assay can be performed in the same microtiter plate and does not require extra steps like washing, harvesting and cell solubilization.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 2500 tests WST1 Reagent 1 x 25ml
RelevanceCell proliferation is the multiplication or reproduction of cells, as a result of cell growth and cell division, resulting in the expansion of a cell population.
This product has been referenced in:
- Zaatiti H et al. Tumorigenic proteins upregulated in the MYCN-amplified IMR-32 human neuroblastoma cells promote proliferation and migration. Int J Oncol 52:787-803 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29328367) »
- Senathilake KS et al. Oleanolic acid from antifilarial triterpene saponins of Dipterocarpus zeylanicus induces oxidative stress and apoptosis in filarial parasite Setaria digitata in vitro. Exp Parasitol 177:13-21 (2017). Human . Read more (PubMed: 28351683) »