Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR4606] to Xanthine Oxidase
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Xanthine Oxidase antibody [EPR4606]
See all Xanthine Oxidase primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR4606] to Xanthine Oxidase
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC/IF or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Xanthine Oxidase aa 1200-1300. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Human fetal liver and Human milk lysates; Human liver tissue
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.31% Sodium citrate, 0.175% Sodium chloride, 0.0172% EDTA, 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab133268 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 150 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 146 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Perform antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
FunctionKey enzyme in purine degradation. Catalyzes the oxidation of hypoxanthine to xanthine. Catalyzes the oxidation of xanthine to uric acid. Contributes to the generation of reactive oxygen species. Has also low oxidase activity towards aldehydes (in vitro).
Tissue specificityDetected in milk (at protein level).
Involvement in diseaseDefects in XDH are the cause of xanthinuria type 1 (XU1) [MIM:278300]. Xanthinuria is characterized by excretion of very large amounts of xanthine in the urine and a tendency to form xanthine stones. Uric acid is strikingly diminished in serum and urine. XU1 is due to isolated xanthine dehydrogenase. XU1 patients can metabolize allopurinol.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the xanthine dehydrogenase family.
Contains 1 2Fe-2S ferredoxin-type domain.
Contains 1 FAD-binding PCMH-type domain.
modificationsSubject to partial proteolysis; this alters the enzyme from the dehydrogenase form (D) to the oxidase form (O).
Contains sulfhydryl groups that are easily oxidized (in vitro); this alters the enzyme from the dehydrogenase form (D) to the oxidase form (O).
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Peroxisome. Secreted.
- Information by UniProt
- Xanthine dehydrogenase antibody
- Xanthine dehydrogenase/oxidase antibody
- Xanthine oxidase antibody
All lanes : Anti-Xanthine Oxidase antibody [EPR4606] (ab133268) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human fetal liver lysate
Lane 2 : Human milk lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-rabbit HRP conjugated antibody at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 146 kDa
Observed band size: 150 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunohistochemical analysis of Xanthine Oxidase in paraffin embedded Human liver tissue, using ab133268 at a 1/50 dilution.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab133268 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Cortés-Puch I et al. Inhaled nebulized nitrite and nitrate therapy in a canine model of hypoxia-induced pulmonary hypertension. Nitric Oxide 91:1-14 (2019). PubMed: 31299340
- Park JW et al. Compensatory mechanisms in myoglobin deficient mice preserve NO homeostasis. Nitric Oxide 90:10-14 (2019). PubMed: 31173908
- Li XQ et al. Liquiritin suppresses UVB-induced skin injury through prevention of inflammation, oxidative stress and apoptosis through the TLR4/MyD88/NF-?B and MAPK/caspase signaling pathways. Int J Mol Med 42:1445-1459 (2018). PubMed: 29901082