Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to XBP1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-XBP1 antibody
See all XBP1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to XBP1
SpecificityThis product will recognize only the non-spliced (shorter) form of XBP1.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to 17 amino acids near to the C terminus of the human XBP1 protein.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab37151 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 34 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 29 kDa).|
FunctionTranscription factor essential for hepatocyte growth, the differentiation of plasma cells, the immunoglobulin secretion, and the unfolded protein response (UPR). Acts during endoplasmic reticulum stress (ER) by activating unfolded protein response (UPR) target genes via direct binding to the UPR element (UPRE). Binds DNA preferably to the CRE-like element 5'-GATGACGTG[TG]N(3)[AT]T-3', and also to some TPA response elements (TRE). Binds to the HLA DR-alpha promoter. Binds to the Tax-responsive element (TRE) of HTLV-I.
Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in XBP1 could be associated with susceptibility to major affective disorder type 7 (MAFD7) [MIM:612371]. Major affective disorders represent a class of mental disorders characterized by a disturbance in mood as their predominant feature.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Tax responsive element binding protein 5 antibody
- Tax-responsive element-binding protein 5 antibody
- TREB5 antibody
Western blot analysis of XBP-1 in PC-3 cell lysate with ab37151 at (A) 0.5, (B) 1 and (C) 2 µg/ml.
All lanes : Anti-XBP1 antibody (ab37151) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Human placenta tissue lysate - total protein (ab29745)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 29 kDa
Observed band size: 42 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 29 kDa, 86 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 8 minutes
The 42 kDa band observed is comparable to the molecular weight seen with other commercially available antibodies to XBP1.
ab37151 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Dai L et al. Trichostatin A induces p53-dependent endoplasmic reticulum stress in human colon cancer cells. Oncol Lett 17:660-667 (2019). PubMed: 30655814
- Pintado C et al. Neuroinflammation alters cellular proteostasis by producing endoplasmic reticulum stress, autophagy activation and disrupting ERAD activation. Sci Rep 7:8100 (2017). PubMed: 28808322
- Plaas M et al. Wfs1- deficient rats develop primary symptoms of Wolfram syndrome: insulin-dependent diabetes, optic nerve atrophy and medullary degeneration. Sci Rep 7:10220 (2017). PubMed: 28860598
- Fonseca AC et al. Activation of the endoplasmic reticulum stress response by the amyloid-beta 1-40 peptide in brain endothelial cells. Biochim Biophys Acta 1832:2191-2203 (2013). Rat . PubMed: 23994613
- Prell T et al. The unfolded protein response in models of human mutant G93A amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Eur J Neurosci 35:652-60 (2012). Human . PubMed: 22390177
- Joubert PE et al. Chikungunya virus-induced autophagy delays caspase-dependent cell death. J Exp Med 209:1029-47 (2012). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 22508836
- Costa RO et al. Inhibition of mitochondrial cytochrome c oxidase potentiates Aß-induced ER stress and cell death in cortical neurons. Mol Cell Neurosci : (2012). WB . PubMed: 23026561
- Gavilán MP et al. Dysfunction of the unfolded protein response increases neurodegeneration in aged rat hippocampus following proteasome inhibition. Aging Cell 8:654-65 (2009). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 19747230