Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to xCT
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-xCT antibody
See all xCT primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to xCT
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Dog, Pig, Orangutan
- Human Spleen lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab60171 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.02 - 0.06 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 52 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 55 kDa).
1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product.
FunctionSodium-independent, high-affinity exchange of anionic amino acids with high specificity for anionic form of cystine and glutamate.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the amino acid-polyamine-organocation (APC) superfamily. L-type amino acid transporter (LAT) (TC 2.A.3.8) family.
- Information by UniProt
FormxCT has a predicted molecular weight of 55 kDa; however it has a high number of hydrophobic residues which may affect the migration of the protein in SDS-PAGE. Endogenous monomeric xCT is expected to migrate at ~35 kDa and modified-xCT is expected to migrate at ~55 kDa (PMID: 17035536)
- Amino acid transport system xc xCT antibody antibody
- Amino acid transport system xc- antibody
- Calcium channel blocker resistance protein CCBR1 antibody
Anti-xCT antibody (ab60171) at 0.02 µg/ml + Human Spleen lysate (35µg protein in RIPA buffer)
Predicted band size: 55 kDa
Observed band size: 52 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Primary incubation was 1 hour. Detected by chemiluminescence.
ab60171 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Chen Y et al. Dihydroartemisinin-induced unfolded protein response feedback attenuates ferroptosis via PERK/ATF4/HSPA5 pathway in glioma cells. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 38:402 (2019). PubMed: 31519193
- Ge C et al. The down-regulation of SLC7A11 enhances ROS induced P-gp over-expression and drug resistance in MCF-7 breast cancer cells. Sci Rep 7:3791 (2017). WB ; Human . PubMed: 28630426
- Ye JL et al. EAAT3 promotes amino acid transport and proliferation of porcine intestinal epithelial cells. Oncotarget 7:38681-38692 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27231847
- Chintala S et al. Downregulation of Cystine Transporter x(c) by Irinotecan in human head and neck cancer FaDu xenografts. Chemotherapy 56:223-33 (2010). PubMed: 20551639
- Olm E et al. Extracellular thiol-assisted selenium uptake dependent on the x(c)- cystine transporter explains the cancer-specific cytotoxicity of selenite. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:11400-5 (2009). WB ; Human . PubMed: 19549867