Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to XIAP
- Suitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-XIAP antibody
See all XIAP primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to XIAP
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to 13 amino acids at the C-terminus of human XIAP.
- Human kidney cell lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesPurified by ion exchange chromatography.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab21278 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 55 kDa.|
FunctionApoptotic suppressor. Has E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase activity. Mediates the proteasomal degradation of target proteins, such as caspase-3, SMAC or AIFM1. Inhibitor of caspase-3, -7 and -9. Mediates activation of MAP3K7/TAK1, leading to the activation of NF-kappa-B.
Tissue specificityUbiquitous, except peripheral blood leukocytes.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in XIAP are the cause of lymphoproliferative syndrome X-linked type 2 (XLP2) [MIM:300635]. XLP is a rare immunodeficiency characterized by extreme susceptibility to infection with Epstein-Barr virus (EBV). Symptoms include severe or fatal mononucleosis, acquired hypogammaglobulinemia, pancytopenia and malignant lymphoma.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IAP family.
Contains 3 BIR repeats.
Contains 1 RING-type zinc finger.
DomainThe first BIR domain is involved in interaction with TAB1/MAP3K7IP1 and is important for dimerization. The second BIR domain is sufficient to inhibit caspase-3 and caspase-7, while the third BIR is involved in caspase-9 inhibition. The interactions with SMAC and PRSS25 are mediated by the second and third BIR domains.
modificationsUbiquitinated and degraded by the proteasome in apoptotic cells.
Phosphorylation by PKB/AKT protects XIAP against ubiquitination and protects the protein against proteasomal degradation.
- Information by UniProt
- AP 13 antibody
- API3 antibody
- Apoptosis Inhibitor 3 antibody
Lane 1 : Anti-XIAP antibody (ab21278) at 0.5 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Anti-XIAP antibody (ab21278) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 3 : Anti-XIAP antibody (ab21278) at 2 µg/ml
All lanes : Human kidney lysate
Predicted band size: 55 kDa
Western blot analysis of XIAP in human kidney cell lysate using ab21278 at a concentration of 0.5
µg/ml (lane A), 1 µg/ml (lane B) and 2 µg/ml (lane C).
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) of mouse kidney tissue staining XIAP with ab21278 at 20µg/ml
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin-fixed paraffin embedded sections) of mouse kidney tissue labeling XIAP with Anti-XIAP antibody (ab21278) at 5μg/ml.
ab21278 at 2µg/ml staining XIAP in human kidney tissue by IHC
ICC/IF image of ab21278 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab21278, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab21278 has been referenced in 35 publications.
- Zhang H et al. Hsa_circ_0067997 promotes the progression of gastric cancer by inhibition of miR-515-5p and activation of X chromosome-linked inhibitor of apoptosis (XIAP). Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnol 47:308-318 (2019). PubMed: 30688097
- Chen JC et al. Enhanced cytotoxicity of human hepatocellular carcinoma cells following pretreatment with sorafenib combined with trichostatin A. Oncol Lett 17:638-645 (2019). PubMed: 30655811
- Baranov SV et al. Mitochondria modulate programmed neuritic retraction. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 116:650-659 (2019). PubMed: 30584104
- Yang S et al. HMGA2 regulates acute myeloid leukemia progression and sensitivity to daunorubicin via Wnt/ß-catenin signaling. Int J Mol Med 44:427-436 (2019). PubMed: 31173171
- Li Y et al. MicroRNA-122 promotes endothelial cell apoptosis by targeting XIAP: Therapeutic implication for atherosclerosis. Life Sci 232:116590 (2019). PubMed: 31228514