Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR572(N)] to XIAP (phospho S87)
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-XIAP (phospho S87) antibody [EPR572(N)]
See all XIAP primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR572(N)] to XIAP (phospho S87)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC/IF,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide (the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive) within Human XIAP aa 50-150 (phospho S87) (Cysteine residue). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P98170
- Okadaic acid and Calyculin A treated Hela cells
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab175935 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 56 kDa.|
FunctionApoptotic suppressor. Has E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase activity. Mediates the proteasomal degradation of target proteins, such as caspase-3, SMAC or AIFM1. Inhibitor of caspase-3, -7 and -9. Mediates activation of MAP3K7/TAK1, leading to the activation of NF-kappa-B.
Tissue specificityUbiquitous, except peripheral blood leukocytes.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in XIAP are the cause of lymphoproliferative syndrome X-linked type 2 (XLP2) [MIM:300635]. XLP is a rare immunodeficiency characterized by extreme susceptibility to infection with Epstein-Barr virus (EBV). Symptoms include severe or fatal mononucleosis, acquired hypogammaglobulinemia, pancytopenia and malignant lymphoma.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IAP family.
Contains 3 BIR repeats.
Contains 1 RING-type zinc finger.
DomainThe first BIR domain is involved in interaction with TAB1/MAP3K7IP1 and is important for dimerization. The second BIR domain is sufficient to inhibit caspase-3 and caspase-7, while the third BIR is involved in caspase-9 inhibition. The interactions with SMAC and PRSS25 are mediated by the second and third BIR domains.
modificationsUbiquitinated and degraded by the proteasome in apoptotic cells.
Phosphorylation by PKB/AKT protects XIAP against ubiquitination and protects the protein against proteasomal degradation.
- Information by UniProt
- AP 13 antibody
- API3 antibody
- Apoptosis Inhibitor 3 antibody
ab175935 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Ali R et al. ATM Regulated PTEN Degradation Is XIAP E3 Ubiquitin Ligase Mediated in p85a Deficient Cancer Cells and Influence Platinum Sensitivity. Cells 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31635307
- Mejia C et al. Decreased activation of placental mTOR family members is associated with the induction of intrauterine growth restriction by secondhand smoke in the mouse. Cell Tissue Res N/A:N/A (2016). PubMed: 27613305