Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to XPF
- Suitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-XPF antibody
See all XPF primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to XPF
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region between residues 855 and 905 of human XPF (AAB07689.1)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 6.8
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab76948 was affinity purified using an epitope specific to XPF immobilized on solid support.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76948 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 103 kDa.|
|IP||Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionStructure-specific DNA repair endonuclease responsible for the 5-prime incision during DNA repair. Involved in homologous recombination that assists in removing interstrand cross-link.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ERCC4 are the cause of xeroderma pigmentosum complementation group F (XP-F) [MIM:278760]; also known as xeroderma pigmentosum VI (XP6). XP-F is an autosomal recessive disease characterized by hypersensitivity of the skin to sunlight followed by high incidence of skin cancer and frequent neurologic abnormalities.
Defects in ERCC4 are a cause of XFE progeroid syndrome (XFEPS) [MIM:610965]. This syndrome is illustrated by one patient who presented with dwarfism, cachexia and microcephaly.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the XPF family.
Contains 1 ERCC4 domain.
- Information by UniProt
- DNA excision repair protein ERCC 4 antibody
- DNA excision repair protein ERCC-4 antibody
- DNA excision repair protein ERCC4 antibody
All lanes : Anti-XPF antibody (ab76948) at 0.04 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 5 µg
Lane 4 : 293T whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Predicted band size: 103 kDa
Observed band size: 117 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human prostate carcinoma tissue labelling XPF with ab76948 at 1/200 (1µg/ml). Detection: DAB.
ab76948 at 1µg/ml staining XPF in HeLa whole cell lysate immunoprecipitated using ab76948 at 3µg/mg lysate (1 mg/IP; 20% of IP loaded/lane).
ab76948 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Li M et al. MicroRNA-200c reverses drug resistance of human gastric cancer cells by targeting regulation of the NER-ERCC3/4 pathway. Oncol Lett 18:145-152 (2019). PubMed: 31289483
- Popp I et al. Fanconi anemia with sun-sensitivity caused by a Xeroderma pigmentosum-associated missense mutation in XPF. BMC Med Genet 19:7 (2018). PubMed: 29325523
- Cavallo F et al. Reduced proficiency in homologous recombination underlies the high sensitivity of embryonal carcinoma testicular germ cell tumors to Cisplatin and poly (adp-ribose) polymerase inhibition. PLoS One 7:e51563 (2012). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 23251575