Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to XRN2
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IP, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-XRN2 antibody
See all XRN2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to XRN2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IP, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Orangutan, Bat, Elephant
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region between residues 900 and 950 of human XRN2 (NP_036387.2)
- HeLa and 293T whole cell lysates. IHC-P: FFPE human breast adenocarcinoma.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab72181 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|IP||Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 109 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 109 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceXRN2 possesses 5'->3' exoribonuclease activity. XRN2 shares similarity with the mouse Dhm1 and the yeast dhp1 gene. The function of the human gene has not yet been determined, however, it may promote the termination of transcription by RNA polymerase II. During transcription termination, cleavage at the polyadenylation site liberates a 5' fragment which is subsequently processed to form the mature mRNA and a 3' fragment which remains attached to the elongating polymerase. The processive degradation of this 3' fragment by this protein may promote termination of transcription.
Cellular localizationNucleus, nucleolus.
- 5' 3' exoribonuclease 2 antibody
- DHM1 like protein antibody
- DHP protein antibody
- XRN 2 antibody
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human colon carcinoma (left) and mouse teratoma (right) tissues labelling XRN2 with ab72181 at 1/200 (1µg/ml). Detection: DAB.
IHC image of XRN2 staining in human breast adenocarcinoma formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica Bond system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab72181, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
All lanes : Anti-XRN2 antibody (ab72181) at 0.04 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 5 µg
Lane 4 : 293T whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Predicted band size: 109 kDa
Observed band size: 109 kDa
Additional bands at: 170 kDa, 300 kDa, 70 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Detection of Human XRN2 by Immunoprecipitation in Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells (1 mg for IP, 20% of IP loaded), using ab72181 at 3 µg/mg lysate for IP and at 1 µg/ml for subsequent Western blot detection.
All lanes : Anti-XRN2 antibody (ab72181) at 0.4 µg/ml
Lane 1 : TCMK-1 whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : 4T1 whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : CT26 whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 50 µg per lane.
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 109 kDa
Exposure time: 3 minutes
ICC/IF image of ab72181 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab72181, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab72181 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Mersaoui SY et al. Arginine methylation of the DDX5 helicase RGG/RG motif by PRMT5 regulates resolution of RNA:DNA hybrids. EMBO J 38:e100986 (2019). PubMed: 31267554
- Paschon V et al. VDAC1 is essential for neurite maintenance and the inhibition of its oligomerization protects spinal cord from demyelination and facilitates locomotor function recovery after spinal cord injury. Sci Rep 9:14063 (2019). PubMed: 31575916
- Charoy C et al. Genetic specification of left-right asymmetry in the diaphragm muscles and their motor innervation. Elife 6:N/A (2017). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 28639940
- Kinjo ER et al. Pilocarpine-induced seizures trigger differential regulation of microRNA-stability related genes in rat hippocampal neurons. Sci Rep 6:20969 (2016). IHC . PubMed: 26869208
- Haas G et al. Identification of factors involved in target RNA-directed microRNA degradation. Nucleic Acids Res 44:2873-87 (2016). WB ; Human . PubMed: 26809675