Product nameAnti-XRN2 antibody
See all XRN2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to XRN2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Cow, Dog, Pig, Chimpanzee, Ferret, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan, Elephant
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region between residues 25 and 75 of human XRN2 (NP_036387.2).
- Whole cell lysates from HeLa, 293T and NIH3T3 cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab72284 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Is unsuitable for IP.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RelevanceXRN2 possesses 5'->3' exoribonuclease activity. XRN2 shares similarity with the mouse Dhm1 and the yeast dhp1 gene. The function of the human gene has not yet been determined, however, it may promote the termination of transcription by RNA polymerase II. During transcription termination, cleavage at the polyadenylation site liberates a 5' fragment which is subsequently processed to form the mature mRNA and a 3' fragment which remains attached to the elongating polymerase. The processive degradation of this 3' fragment by this protein may promote termination of transcription.
Cellular localizationNucleus, nucleolus.
- 5' 3' exoribonuclease 2 antibody
- DHM1 like protein antibody
- DHP protein antibody
- XRN 2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-XRN2 antibody (ab72284) at 0.04 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 5 µg
Lane 4 : 293T whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 5 : NIH3T3 whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Predicted band size: 109 kDa
Observed band size: 109,115 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 55 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
This product has been referenced in:
- Rother S et al. NF-?B-repressing factor phosphorylation regulates transcription elongation via its interactions with 5'?3' exoribonuclease 2 and negative elongation factor. FASEB J 30:174-85 (2016). Read more (PubMed: 26340924) »
- Ternette N et al. Label-free quantitative proteomics reveals regulation of interferon-induced protein with tetratricopeptide repeats 3 (IFIT3) and 5'-3'-exoribonuclease 2 (XRN2) during respiratory syncytial virus infection. Virol J 8:442 (2011). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21933386) »