Key features and details
- Tetrazolium salt for use in colorimetric assays for cell viability and proliferation
- CAS Number: 111072-31-2
- Soluble in water to 2.5 mg/ml (with heating)
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
XTT sodium salt, Tetrazolium salt
DescriptionTetrazolium salt for use in colorimetric assays for cell viability and proliferation
- 2,3-Bis(2-methoxy-4-nitro-5-sulfophenyl)-2H-tetrazolium-5-carboxanilide inner salt
- sodium 3'-[1-[(phenylamino)-carbonyl]-3,4-tetrazolium]-bis(4-methoxy-6- nitro)benzene-sulfonic acid
Tetrazolium sodium salt for use in colorimetric assays for cell viability and proliferation. Cleavage of XTT by dehydrogenase enzymes of metabolically active cells yields a highly colored, water soluble formazan product, an advantage over the use of MTT due to MTT requiring a formazan crystal solubilization step. Has been used to asses valvular injury for testing cryopreserved cardiac valves.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 2.5 mg/ml (with heating)
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Refer to SDS for further information.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab146310 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Cadena M et al. Understanding Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) Profiles of Salmonella Biofilm and Planktonic Bacteria Challenged with Disinfectants Commonly Used During Poultry Processing. Foods 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31336660