Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to YAP1 (phospho Y357)
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-YAP1 (phospho Y357) antibody
See all YAP1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to YAP1 (phospho Y357)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Horse, Chicken, Cow, Dog, Xenopus laevis, Chimpanzee, Zebrafish, Opossum
- HEK-293T cells co-transfected with human YAP1 and human c-Abl.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.0268% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab62751 was affinity-purified using the immunizing peptide immobilized on agarose.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab62751 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 65 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 65 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 - 10 µg/ml.|
FunctionTranscriptional regulator which can act both as a coactivator and a corepressor and is the critical downstream regulatory target in the Hippo signaling pathway that plays a pivotal role in organ size control and tumor suppression by restricting proliferation and promoting apoptosis. The core of this pathway is composed of a kinase cascade wherein MST1/MST2, in complex with its regulatory protein SAV1, phosphorylates and activates LATS1/2 in complex with its regulatory protein MOB1, which in turn phosphorylates and inactivates YAP1 oncoprotein and WWTR1/TAZ. Plays a key role to control cell proliferation in response to cell contact. Phosphorylation of YAP1 by LATS1/2 inhibits its translocation into the nucleus to regulate cellular genes important for cell proliferation, cell death, and cell migration. The presence of TEAD transcription factors are required for it to stimulate gene expression, cell growth, anchorage-independent growth, and epithelial mesenchymal transition (EMT) induction. Isoform 2 and isoform 3 can activate the C-terminal fragment (CTF) of ERBB4 (isoform 3).
Tissue specificityIncreased expression seen in some liver and prostate cancers. Isoforms lacking the transactivation domain found in striatal neurons of patients with Huntington disease (at protein level).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the YORKIE family.
Contains 2 WW domains.
modificationsPhosphorylated by LATS1 and LATS2; leading to cytoplasmic translocation and inactivation. Phosphorylated by ABL1; leading to YAP1 stabilization, enhanced interaction with TP73 and recruitment onto proapoptotic genes; in response to DNA damage.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Both phosphorylation and cell density can regulate its subcellular localization. Phosphorylation sequesters it in the cytoplasm by inhibiting its translocation into the nucleus. At low density, predominantly nuclear and is translocated to the cytoplasm at high density.
- Information by UniProt
- 65 kDa Yes associated protein antibody
- 65 kDa Yes-associated protein antibody
- COB1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-YAP1 (phospho Y357) antibody (ab62751) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : Whole cell lysates of HEK-293T cells co-transfected with human YAP1 and human c-Abl
Lane 2 : Whole cell lysates of untransfected HEK-293T cells
Lane 3 : Whole cell lysates of HEK-293T cells co-transfected with human YAP1 and human c-Abl with YAP1 peptide (human 351-362) at 20 µg/ml
Lane 4 : Whole cell lysates of HEK-293T cells co-transfected with human YAP1 and human c-Abl with phospho-YAP1 (human 351-362 [phospho Y357]) immunizing peptide at 20 µg/ml
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG, Peroxidase conjugate
Predicted band size: 65 kDa
Observed band size: 65 kDa
Additional bands at: 100 kDa, 70 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab62751 staining YAP1 (phospho Y357) in rat oligodendrocytes by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 and blocked with 10% normal goat serum for 1 hour at 20°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/300 in PBS + 10% normal goat serum) for 18 hours at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/1000) was used as the secondary antibody.
ab62751 has been referenced in 20 publications.
- Chen J et al. IL-6/YAP1/ß-catenin signaling is involved in intervertebral disc degeneration. J Cell Physiol 234:5964-5971 (2019). PubMed: 30511395
- Li B et al. c-Abl regulates YAPY357 phosphorylation to activate endothelial atherogenic responses to disturbed flow. J Clin Invest 129:1167-1179 (2019). PubMed: 30629551
- Han N et al. YAP1 is required for the angiogenesis in retinal microvascular endothelial cells via the inhibition of MALAT1-mediated miR-200b-3p in high glucose-induced diabetic retinopathy. J Cell Physiol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31313295
- Yang LX et al. Suppression of long non-coding RNA TNRC6C-AS1 protects against thyroid carcinoma through DNA demethylation of STK4 via the Hippo signalling pathway. Cell Prolif 52:e12564 (2019). PubMed: 30938030
- Zhou X et al. YAP Aggravates Inflammatory Bowel Disease by Regulating M1/M2 Macrophage Polarization and Gut Microbial Homeostasis. Cell Rep 27:1176-1189.e5 (2019). PubMed: 31018132