Key features and details
- Purity: > 90% HPLC
- Suitable for: Blocking
Product nameYB1 peptide
See all YB1 proteins and peptides
Purity> 90 % HPLC.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab12411 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-YB1 antibody (ab12148)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Information available upon request.
- BP 8
- CCAAT binding transcription factor I subunit A
FunctionMediates pre-mRNA alternative splicing regulation. Binds to splice sites in pre-mRNA and regulates splice site selection. Binds and stabilizes cytoplasmic mRNA. Contributes to the regulation of translation by modulating the interaction between the mRNA and eukaryotic initiation factors (By similarity). Regulates the transcription of numerous genes. Its transcriptional activity on the multidrug resistance gene MDR1 is enhanced in presence of the APEX1 acetylated form at 'Lys-6' and 'Lys-7'. Binds to promoters that contain a Y-box (5'-CTGATTGGCCAA-3'), such as MDR1 and HLA class II genes. Promotes separation of DNA strands that contain mismatches or are modified by cisplatin. Has endonucleolytic activity and can introduce nicks or breaks into double-stranded DNA (in vitro). May play a role in DNA repair. Component of the CRD-mediated complex that promotes MYC mRNA stability.
The secreted form acts as an extracellular mitogen and stimulates cell migration and proliferation.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 CSD (cold-shock) domain.
modificationsUbiquitinated by RBBP6; leading to a decrease of YBX1 transcativational ability.
In the absence of phosphorylation the protein is retained in the cytoplasm.
Cleaved by a 20S proteasomal protease in response to agents that damage DNA. Cleavage takes place in the absence of ubiquitination and ATP. The resulting N-terminal fragment accumulates in the nucleus.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cytoplasmic granule. Secreted. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs. Shuttles between nucleus and cytoplasm. Predominantly cytoplasmic in proliferating cells. Cytotoxic stress and DNA damage enhance translocation to the nucleus. Localized with DDX1, MBNL1 and TIAL1 in stress granules upon stress. Secreted by mesangial and monocytic cells after inflammatory challenges. Translocates from the cytoplasm to the nucleus after and colocalizes with APEX1 in nuclear speckles after genotoxic stress.
- Information by UniProt
Lanes 1 to 10: Ab12148 - Rabbit polyclonal to YB1 (1.4
Lanes 1 to 10: 20
g of cell lysate per lane µ
Lanes 6 to 10: blocking peptide used at 1
Lane 1: HeLa Nuclear Extract
Lane 2: HeLa Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3: MCF-7 Cell Lysate
Lane 4: Jurkat Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 5: HEK293 Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 6: HeLa Nuclear Extract + YB1 blocking peptide (ab12411)
Lane 7: HeLa Whole Cell Lysate + YB1 blocking peptide (ab12411)
Lane 8: MCF-7 Cell Lysate + YB1 blocking peptide (ab12411)
Lane 9: Jurkat Whole Cell Lysate + YB1 blocking peptide (ab12411)
Lane 10: HEK293 Whole Cell Lysate + YB1 blocking peptide (ab12411)
Expected MW: 36 kDa
A band of approx 36 kDa was partially blocked in several cell lines using a YB1 blo
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab12411 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Heumann A et al. Up regulation and nuclear translocation of Y-box binding protein 1 (YB-1) is linked to poor prognosis in ERG-negative prostate cancer. Sci Rep 7:2056 (2017). PubMed: 28515422