Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR4651] to YY1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-YY1 antibody [EPR4651]
See all YY1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR4651] to YY1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human YY1 aa 50-150. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Purchase matching WB positive control:Recombinant Human YY1 protein
- Human colon tissue; HeLa, Y79 and HuT-78 cell lysates
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109228 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 45 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/250 - 1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol. Heat up to 98 °C, below boiling, and then let cool for 10-20 minutes.|
FunctionMultifunctional transcription factor that exhibits positive and negative control on a large number of cellular and viral genes by binding to sites overlapping the transcription start site. May play an important role in development and differentiation. The function of YY1 as an activator or a repressor is specified by the presence of other proteins. For example it acts as a repressor in absence of adenovirus E1A protein but as an activator in its presence.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the YY transcription factor family.
Contains 4 C2H2-type zinc fingers.
Cellular localizationNucleus matrix. Associated with the nuclear matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- CF1 antibody
- Delta antibody
- Delta transcription factor antibody
All lanes : Anti-YY1 antibody [EPR4651] (ab109228) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysates
Lane 2 : Y79 cell lysates
Lane 3 : HuT-78 cell lysates
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 45 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of YY1 in paraffin embedded Human colon tissue, using a 1/250 dilution of ab109228.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab109228 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Xu J et al. SPAG5-AS1 inhibited autophagy and aggravated apoptosis of podocytes via SPAG5/AKT/mTOR pathway. Cell Prolif 53:e12738 (2020). PubMed: 31957155
- Chen L et al. Transcription factor YY1 inhibits the expression of THY1 to promote interstitial pulmonary fibrosis by activating the HSF1/miR-214 axis. Aging (Albany NY) 12:8339-8351 (2020). PubMed: 32396525
- Chen Q et al. YY1 targets tubulin polymerisation-promoting protein to inhibit migration, invasion and angiogenesis in pancreatic cancer via p38/MAPK and PI3K/AKT pathways. Br J Cancer 121:912-921 (2019). PubMed: 31631174
- Yang T et al. YY1: A novel therapeutic target for diabetic nephropathy orchestrated renal fibrosis. Metabolism 96:33-45 (2019). PubMed: 31028762
- Liu X et al. Metastatic breast cancer cells overexpress and secrete miR-218 to regulate type I collagen deposition by osteoblasts. Breast Cancer Res 20:127 (2018). PubMed: 30348200
- Brayer S et al. The pro-apoptotic BAX protein influences cell growth and differentiation from the nucleus in healthy interphasic cells. Cell Cycle 16:2108-2118 (2017). PubMed: 28933587
- Yang C et al. A Yin-Yang 1/miR-30a regulatory circuit modulates autophagy in pancreatic cancer cells. J Transl Med 15:211 (2017). PubMed: 29052509
- Perks KL et al. Adult-onset obesity is triggered by impaired mitochondrial gene expression. Sci Adv 3:e1700677 (2017). PubMed: 28835921
- Ward CM et al. Original Research: Stable expression of miR-34a mediates fetal hemoglobin induction in K562 cells. Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 241:719-29 (2016). PubMed: 26940952