Key features and details
- Irreversible caspase-1 inhibitor. Cell-permeable.
- CAS Number:
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in DMSO to 20 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameZ-YVAD-FMK, Irreversible caspase-1 inhibitor
DescriptionIrreversible caspase-1 inhibitor. Cell-permeable.
Biological descriptionIrreversible caspase-1 inhibitor. Anti-inflammatory agent. Active in vitro. Cell-permeable.
SequenceYVAD (Modifications: N-terminal benzyloxycarbonyl; C-terminal FMK; Asp-4 = Asp(OMe))
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 20 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one week. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab141388 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
2D chemical structure image of ab141388, Z-YVAD-FMK, Irreversible caspase-1 inhibitor
Neutrophils were stimulated with SAA (5 µg/ml) in the presence or absence of Z-YVAD-FMK for 8 h. After stimulation, supernatants were analyzed for IL-1 Β production using ELISA. Values represent the mean ± SD of two independent experiments. *p<0.001 compared to SAA-stimulated neutrophils.
SHSY5Y cells were incubated at 37°C for 1h with vehicle control (0 μM) and different concentrations of Z-YVAD-FMK (ab141388). After this incubation 10 µM of camptothecin (ab120115) was added to all samples and the cells were incubated for further 24h. Increased expression of full length PARP (ab37722) in camptothecin induced apoptotic SHSY5Y cells correlates with an increase in Z-YVAD-FMK concentration, as described in literature.
Whole cell lysates were prepared with RIPA buffer (containing protease inhibitors and sodium orthovanadate), 20 μg of each were loaded on the gel and the WB was run under reducing conditions. After transfer the membrane was blocked for an hour using 3% milk before being incubated with ab37722 at 1 μg/ml and ab8227 at 1 μg/ml overnight at 4°C. Antibody binding was detected using an anti-rabbit antibody conjugated to HRP (ab97051) at 1/10000 dilution and visualised using ECL development so
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab141388 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Chen H et al. NLRP12 collaborates with NLRP3 and NLRC4 to promote pyroptosis inducing ganglion cell death of acute glaucoma. Mol Neurodegener 15:26 (2020). PubMed: 32295623
- Guo X et al. Benzene metabolites trigger pyroptosis and contribute to haematotoxicity via TET2 directly regulating the Aim2/Casp1 pathway. EBioMedicine 47:578-589 (2019). PubMed: 31474553
- Hasebe A et al. Differences in interleukin-1ß release-inducing activity of Candida albicans toward dendritic cells and macrophages. Arch Oral Biol 93:115-125 (2018). PubMed: 29894908
- Li R et al. ATP/P2X7-NLRP3 axis of dendritic cells participates in the regulation of airway inflammation and hyper-responsiveness in asthma by mediating HMGB1 expression and secretion. Exp Cell Res 366:1-15 (2018). PubMed: 29545090
- Ojeda DS et al. Cell Death Is Counteracted by Mitophagy in HIV-Productively Infected Astrocytes but Is Promoted by Inflammasome Activation Among Non-productively Infected Cells. Front Immunol 9:2633 (2018). PubMed: 30515154
- Gabrion A et al. Mammalian target of rapamycin inhibition counterbalances the inflammatory status of immune cells in patients with chronic granulomatous disease. J Allergy Clin Immunol 139:1641-1649.e6 (2017). PubMed: 27702670
- Migita K et al. Serum amyloid A induces NLRP-3-mediated IL-1ß secretion in neutrophils. PLoS One 9:e96703 (2014). PubMed: 24846290