Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [2A8A6] to ZEB1
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IHC-P, WB
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-ZEB1 antibody [2A8A6]
See all ZEB1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [2A8A6] to ZEB1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human ZEB1 aa 967-1108. Expressed in E. coli.
KRFS HSGSYSQHMN HRYSYCKREA EERDSTEQEE AGPEILSNEH VGARASPSQG DSDERESLTR EEDEDSEKEE EEEDKEMEEL QEEKECEKPQ GDEEEEEEEE EVEEEEVEEA ENEGEEAKTE GLMKDDRAES QASSLGQK
Database link: P37275
- WB: Human ZEB1 recombinant protein and HAP1 cell lysate. IHC-P: Human cervical cancer and rectum cancer tissues. ICC/IF: HeLa cells. Flow Cyt: HeLa cells.
This product was changed from ascites to supernatant. Lot no’s high than GR224480-10 are from Tissue Culture Supernatant
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99% PBS
0.5% protein stabilizer consisting of amino acid =85% pH(1% water solution) =7.0~7.5 Water =2% As(mg/kg) =0.5 Pb(mg/kg) =0.1
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesPurified from tissue culture supernatant.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab181451 in the following tested applications.
|ICC/IF||1/200 - 1/1000.|
|Flow Cyt||1/200 - 1/400.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-P||1/200 - 1/1000.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 124 kDa.|
FunctionInhibits interleukin-2 (IL-2) gene expression. May be responsible for transcriptional repression of the IL-2 gene. Enhances or represses the promoter activity of the ATP1A1 gene depending on the quantity of cDNA and on the cell type. Represses E-cadherin promoter and induces an epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) by recruiting SMARCA4/BRG1. Represses BCL6 transcription in the presence of the corepressor CTBP1. Promotes tumorigenicity by repressing stemness-inhibiting microRNAs.
Tissue specificityColocalizes with SMARCA4/BRG1 in E-cadherin-negative cells from established lines, and stroma of normal colon as well as in de-differentiated epithelial cells at the invasion front of colorectal carcinomas (at protein level). Expressed in heart and skeletal muscle, but not in liver, spleen, or pancreas.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ZEB1 are the cause of posterior polymorphous corneal dystrophy type 3 (PPCD3) [MIM:609141]. PPCD is a rare disease involving metaplasia and overgrowth of corneal endothelial cells. In patients with PPCD, these cells manifest in an epithelial morphology and gene expression pattern, produce an aberrant basement membrane, and, sometimes, spread over the iris and nearby structures in a way that increases the risk for glaucoma.
Defects in ZEB1 are the cause of corneal dystrophy Fuchs endothelial type 6 (FECD6) [MIM:613270]. It is an ocular disorder caused by loss of endothelium of the central cornea. It is characterized by focal wart-like guttata that arise from Descemet membrane and develop in the central cornea, epithelial blisters, reduced vision and pain. Descemet membrane is thickened by abnormal collagenous deposition.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the delta-EF1/ZFH-1 C2H2-type zinc-finger family.
Contains 7 C2H2-type zinc fingers.
Contains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
- Information by UniProt
- AREB 6 antibody
- AREB6 antibody
- BZP antibody
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 2: ZEB1 knockout HAP1 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1 - 2: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab181451 observed at 200 kDa. Red - loading control, ab181602, observed at 37 kDa.
ab181451 was shown to recognize ZEB1 in wild-type HAP1 cells as signal was lost at the expected MW in ZEB1 knockout cells. Additional cross-reactive bands were observed in the wild-type and knockout cells. Wild-type and ZEB1 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. Ab181451 and ab181602 (Rabbit anti-GAPDH loading control) were incubated overnight at 4°C at 1/500 dilution and 1/20000 dilution respectively. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preabsorbed ab216772 and Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preabsorbed ab216777 secondary antibodies at 1/20000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
All lanes : Anti-ZEB1 antibody [2A8A6] (ab181451) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : HEK293 cell lysate
Lane 2 : KEB1 (AA: 967-1108)-hIgGFc transfected HEK293 cell lysate
Predicted band size: 124 kDa
Anti-ZEB1 antibody [2A8A6] (ab181451) at 1/500 dilution + ZEB1 recombinant protein fragment (Expected MW is 41.7 kDa)
Predicted band size: 124 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human rectum cancer tissue labeling ZEB1 with ab181451 at 1/200 dilution.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human cervical cancer tissue labeling ZEB1 with ab181451 at 1/200 dilution.
Immunofluorescence analysis of HeLa cells labeling ZEB1 (green) with ab181451 at 1/200 dilution. Blue: DRAQ5 fluorescent DNA dye. Red: Actin filaments have been labeled with Alexa Fluor-555 phalloidin.
Flow cytometric analysis of HeLa cells labeling ZEB1 (green) with ab181451 at 1/200 dilution. Negative control (red).
ab181451 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Jiao D et al. MicroRNA-873 inhibits the progression of thyroid cancer by directly targeting ZEB1. Mol Med Rep 20:1986-1993 (2019). PubMed: 31257462
- Jia Y et al. LncRNA TTN-AS1 promotes migration, invasion, and epithelial mesenchymal transition of lung adenocarcinoma via sponging miR-142-5p to regulate CDK5. Cell Death Dis 10:573 (2019). PubMed: 31363080
- Zhu L et al. MicroRNA-3662 targets ZEB1 and attenuates the invasion of the highly aggressive melanoma cell line A375. Cancer Manag Res 11:5845-5856 (2019). PubMed: 31388313
- Liu YY et al. Circular RNA circ-PVT1 contributes to paclitaxel resistance of gastric cancer cells through the regulation of ZEB1 expression by sponging miR-124-3p. Biosci Rep 39:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31793989
- Sun M et al. MicroRNA-378 regulates epithelial-mesenchymal transition and metastasis of melanoma by inhibiting FOXN3 expression through the Wnt/ß-catenin pathway. Cell Biol Int N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29972255
- Sánchez-Sendra B et al. Downregulation of intratumoral expression of miR-205, miR-200c and miR-125b in primary human cutaneous melanomas predicts shorter survival. Sci Rep 8:17076 (2018). PubMed: 30459436
- Xu WY et al. Zinc finger E-box-binding homeobox 1 mediates aerobic glycolysis via suppression of sirtuin 3 in pancreatic cancer. World J Gastroenterol 24:4893-4905 (2018). PubMed: 30487699
- Qiao B et al. MicroRNA-27a-3p Modulates the Wnt/ß-Catenin Signaling Pathway to Promote Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition in Oral Squamous Carcinoma Stem Cells by Targeting SFRP1. Sci Rep 7:44688 (2017). WB ; Human . PubMed: 28425477
- Deng Y et al. MiR-429 suppresses the progression and metastasis of osteosarcoma by targeting ZEB1. EXCLI J 16:618-627 (2017). PubMed: 28694763