Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ZEB1
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ZEB1 antibody
See all ZEB1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ZEB1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human ZEB1 aa 1074-1124.
Database link: NP_110378.3
- IHC-P: Human breast carcinoma and prostate carcinoma tissues and mouse teratoma tissue.
Concentration is optimized for IHC and not determined
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 6.8
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab87280 was affinity purified using an epitope specific to ZEB1 immobilized on solid support.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab87280 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/500.|
FunctionInhibits interleukin-2 (IL-2) gene expression. May be responsible for transcriptional repression of the IL-2 gene. Enhances or represses the promoter activity of the ATP1A1 gene depending on the quantity of cDNA and on the cell type. Represses E-cadherin promoter and induces an epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) by recruiting SMARCA4/BRG1. Represses BCL6 transcription in the presence of the corepressor CTBP1. Promotes tumorigenicity by repressing stemness-inhibiting microRNAs.
Tissue specificityColocalizes with SMARCA4/BRG1 in E-cadherin-negative cells from established lines, and stroma of normal colon as well as in de-differentiated epithelial cells at the invasion front of colorectal carcinomas (at protein level). Expressed in heart and skeletal muscle, but not in liver, spleen, or pancreas.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ZEB1 are the cause of posterior polymorphous corneal dystrophy type 3 (PPCD3) [MIM:609141]. PPCD is a rare disease involving metaplasia and overgrowth of corneal endothelial cells. In patients with PPCD, these cells manifest in an epithelial morphology and gene expression pattern, produce an aberrant basement membrane, and, sometimes, spread over the iris and nearby structures in a way that increases the risk for glaucoma.
Defects in ZEB1 are the cause of corneal dystrophy Fuchs endothelial type 6 (FECD6) [MIM:613270]. It is an ocular disorder caused by loss of endothelium of the central cornea. It is characterized by focal wart-like guttata that arise from Descemet membrane and develop in the central cornea, epithelial blisters, reduced vision and pain. Descemet membrane is thickened by abnormal collagenous deposition.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the delta-EF1/ZFH-1 C2H2-type zinc-finger family.
Contains 7 C2H2-type zinc fingers.
Contains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
- Information by UniProt
- AREB 6 antibody
- AREB6 antibody
- BZP antibody
ab87280, at 1/250 dilution, staining ZEB1 in formalin fixed, paraffin embedded Human breast carcinoma tissue by Immunohistochemistry. Detection: DAB staining.
ab87280, at 1/250 dilution, staining ZEB1 in formalin fixed, paraffin embedded mouse teratoma tissue by Immunohistochemistry. Detection: DAB staining.
ab87280 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Maleki S et al. The mir-200 family regulates key pathogenic events in ascending aortas of individuals with bicuspid aortic valves. J Intern Med 285:102-114 (2019). PubMed: 30280445
- Miyamoto M et al. The Haphazard Pattern in Grade-3 Endometrioid Carcinoma Is Associated with Poor Prognosis and Tumor Lymphocyte Infiltration. Pathol Oncol Res N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30810895
- Shi Y et al. Targeting LIF-mediated paracrine interaction for pancreatic cancer therapy and monitoring. Nature 569:131-135 (2019). PubMed: 30996350
- Li B et al. Vasculogenic mimicry in bladder cancer and its association with the aberrant expression of ZEB1. Oncol Lett 15:5193-5200 (2018). PubMed: 29552157
- Tanabe Y et al. Pathological features of triple-negative breast cancers that showed progressive disease during neoadjuvant chemotherapy. Cancer Sci 108:1520-1529 (2017). IHC . PubMed: 28474753