Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [OTI3G6] to ZEB1 - N-terminal
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-ZEB1 antibody [OTI3G6] - N-terminal
See all ZEB1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [OTI3G6] to ZEB1 - N-terminal
SpecificityDoes not cross react with ZEB2.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human ZEB1 aa 1-350 (N terminal). Produced in E.coli (NP_110378).
MADGPRCKRRKQANPRRNNVTNYNTVVETNSDSDDEDKLHIVEEESVTDA ADCEGVPEDDLPTDQTVLPGRSSEREGNAKNCWEDDRKEGQEILGPEAQA DEAGCTVKDDECESDAENEQNHDPNVEEFLQQQDTAVIFPEAPEEDQRQG TPEASGHDENGTPDAFSQLLTCPYCDRGYKRFTSLKEHIKYRHEKNEDNF SCSLCSYTFAYRTQLERHMTSHKSGRDQRHVTQSGCNRKFKCTECGKAFK YKHHLKEHLRIHSGEKPYECPNCKKRFSHSGSYSSHISSKKCISLIPVNG RPRTGLKTSQCSSPSLSASPGSPTRPQIRQKIENKPLQEQLSVNQIKTEP
Database link: NP_110378
- WB: HEK293T cell lysate, transfected with pCMV6-ENTRY ZEB1 cDNA. IHC-P: Human lung carcinoma, breast adenocarcinoma, kidney carcinoma, endometrium adenocarcinoma, prostate and lymph node tissues.
Dilute in PBS (pH7.3) if necessary.
The clone number has been updated from 3G6 to OTI3G6, both clone numbers name the same clone.
This product was changed from ascites to tissue culture supernatant on 6th September 2018. Please note that the dilutions may need to be adjusted accordingly. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our scientific support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 1% BSA, 48% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notesPurified from TCS
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab180905 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 124 kDa.|
FunctionInhibits interleukin-2 (IL-2) gene expression. May be responsible for transcriptional repression of the IL-2 gene. Enhances or represses the promoter activity of the ATP1A1 gene depending on the quantity of cDNA and on the cell type. Represses E-cadherin promoter and induces an epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) by recruiting SMARCA4/BRG1. Represses BCL6 transcription in the presence of the corepressor CTBP1. Promotes tumorigenicity by repressing stemness-inhibiting microRNAs.
Tissue specificityColocalizes with SMARCA4/BRG1 in E-cadherin-negative cells from established lines, and stroma of normal colon as well as in de-differentiated epithelial cells at the invasion front of colorectal carcinomas (at protein level). Expressed in heart and skeletal muscle, but not in liver, spleen, or pancreas.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ZEB1 are the cause of posterior polymorphous corneal dystrophy type 3 (PPCD3) [MIM:609141]. PPCD is a rare disease involving metaplasia and overgrowth of corneal endothelial cells. In patients with PPCD, these cells manifest in an epithelial morphology and gene expression pattern, produce an aberrant basement membrane, and, sometimes, spread over the iris and nearby structures in a way that increases the risk for glaucoma.
Defects in ZEB1 are the cause of corneal dystrophy Fuchs endothelial type 6 (FECD6) [MIM:613270]. It is an ocular disorder caused by loss of endothelium of the central cornea. It is characterized by focal wart-like guttata that arise from Descemet membrane and develop in the central cornea, epithelial blisters, reduced vision and pain. Descemet membrane is thickened by abnormal collagenous deposition.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the delta-EF1/ZFH-1 C2H2-type zinc-finger family.
Contains 7 C2H2-type zinc fingers.
Contains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
- Information by UniProt
- AREB 6 antibody
- AREB6 antibody
- BZP antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human lymph node tissue labeling ZEB1 with ab180905 at 1/150 dilution.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human prostate tissue labeling ZEB1 with ab180905 at 1/150 dilution.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human endometrium adenocarcinoma tissue labeling ZEB1 with ab180905 at 1/150 dilution.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human lung carcinoma tissue labeling ZEB1 with ab180905 at 1/150 dilution.
ab180905 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Qin Y et al. ZEB1 promotes tumorigenesis and metastasis in hepatocellular carcinoma by regulating the expression of vimentin. Mol Med Rep 19:2297-2306 (2019). PubMed: 30664206
- Tao L et al. ARHGAP25: A negative regulator of colorectal cancer (CRC) metastasis via the Wnt/ß-catenin pathway. Eur J Pharmacol 858:172476 (2019). PubMed: 31228451
- Di Cosimo S et al. Neoadjuvant eribulin mesylate following anthracycline and taxane in triple negative breast cancer: Results from the HOPE study. PLoS One 14:e0220644 (2019). PubMed: 31390375
- Jiang G et al. miR-27a promotes human breast cancer cell migration by inducing EMT in a FBXW7-dependent manner. Mol Med Rep 18:5417-5426 (2018). PubMed: 30365154
- Francis JC et al. SOX9 is a driver of aggressive prostate cancer by promoting invasion, cell fate and cytoskeleton alterations and epithelial to mesenchymal transition. Oncotarget 9:7604-7615 (2018). PubMed: 29484136