Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Zfp281/ZNF281
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Zfp281/ZNF281 antibody
See all Zfp281/ZNF281 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Zfp281/ZNF281
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Predicted to work with: Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Dog, Human, Chimpanzee, Macaque monkey, Gorilla, Chinese hamster
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Zfp281/ZNF281 aa 800 to the C-terminus conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in a wild type mouse embryonic stem cell lysate, which is absent from a Zfp281/ZNF281 null mouse embryonic stem cell lysate.
This product was previously labelled as Zfp281
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab101318 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 120 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 97 kDa).|
FunctionInvolved in transcriptional regulation. Represses the transcription of a number of genes including gastrin and ornithine decarboxylase. Binds to the G-rich box in the enhancer region of these genes.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the krueppel C2H2-type zinc-finger protein family.
Contains 4 C2H2-type zinc fingers.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Information by UniProt
- GC box binding zinc finger protein 1 antibody
- GC-box-binding zinc finger protein 1 antibody
- GZP1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Zfp281/ZNF281 antibody (ab101318) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : wild type mouse embryonic stem cell lysate
Lane 2 : Zfp281/ZNF281 null mouse embryonic stem cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 97 kDa
Observed band size: 120 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 78 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 4 minutes
Zfp281/ZNF281 was immunoprecipitated using 2µg/ml of ab101318 and 2mg of wild type Mouse embryonic stem cell nuclear extract (lane 1). Mouse embryonic stem cells negative for Zfp281/ZNF281 were used as a negative control (lane 2). Band at ~98kDa is Zfp281/ZNF281.
ab101318 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Nicolai S et al. ZNF281/Zfp281 is a target of miR-1 and counteracts muscle differentiation. Mol Oncol 14:294-308 (2020). PubMed: 31782884
- Guo J et al. The transcription factor Zfp281 sustains CD4+ T lymphocyte activation through directly repressing Ctla-4 transcription. Cell Mol Immunol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31511645
- Ishiuchi T et al. Zfp281 Shapes the Transcriptome of Trophoblast Stem Cells and Is Essential for Placental Development. Cell Rep 27:1742-1754.e6 (2019). PubMed: 31067460
- Huang X et al. Zfp281 is essential for mouse epiblast maturation through transcriptional and epigenetic control of Nodal signaling. Elife 6:N/A (2017). PubMed: 29168693
- Fidalgo M et al. Zfp281 Coordinates Opposing Functions of Tet1 and Tet2 in Pluripotent States. Cell Stem Cell 19:355-69 (2016). PubMed: 27345836
- Fidalgo M et al. Zfp281 mediates Nanog autorepression through recruitment of the NuRD complex and inhibits somatic cell reprogramming. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:16202-7 (2012). WB, ChIP, IP . PubMed: 22988117