Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Zinc Alpha 2 Glycoprotein
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Zinc Alpha 2 Glycoprotein antibody
See all Zinc Alpha 2 Glycoprotein primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Zinc Alpha 2 Glycoprotein
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Cow, Dog, Pig, Chimpanzee, Macaque monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Zinc Alpha 2 Glycoprotein aa 150-250 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following tissue lysates: Human Liver; Human Plasma Total Protein; Human Heart; Human Lung; Human Adipose. This antibody gave a positive result in IF in the following formaldehyde fixed cell lines: HeLa.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab117275 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 44 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa).|
FunctionStimulates lipid degradation in adipocytes and causes the extensive fat losses associated with some advanced cancers. May bind polyunsaturated fatty acids.
Tissue specificityBlood plasma, seminal plasma, urine, saliva, sweat, epithelial cells of various human glands, liver.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MHC class I family.
Contains 1 Ig-like C1-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Alpha 2 glycoprotein 1 zinc antibody
- Alpha 2 glycoprotein 1 zinc binding antibody
- Alpha 2 glycoprotein zinc antibody
All lanes : Anti-Zinc Alpha 2 Glycoprotein antibody (ab117275) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human liver tissue lysate - total protein (ab29889)
Lane 2 : Human Plasma Total Protein Lysate
Lane 3 : Human heart tissue lysate - total protein (ab29431)
Lane 4 : Lung (Human) Tissue Lysate
Lane 5 : Human adipose normal tissue lysate - total protein (ab28980)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 34 kDa
Observed band size: 44 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 100 kDa, 90 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 90 seconds
Zinc Alpha 2 Glycoprotein contains a number of potential glycosylation sites (SwissProt) which may explain its migration at a higher molecular weight than predicted.
ICC/IF image of ab117275 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab117275 at 1µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
IHC image of ab117275 staining in human liver formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab117275, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab117275 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Guo J et al. Adipokine zinc-a2-glycoprotein alleviates lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammatory responses through the ß3-AR/PKA/CREB pathway. Cytokine 123:154742 (2019). PubMed: 31260855
- Liu J et al. AZGP1 inhibits soft tissue sarcoma cells invasion and migration. BMC Cancer 18:89 (2018). WB, IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 29357838
- Gao SX et al. ZAG alleviates HFD-induced insulin resistance accompanied with decreased lipid depot in skeletal muscle in mice. J Lipid Res 59:2277-2286 (2018). PubMed: 30318474
- Philley JV et al. Exosome secretome and mediated signaling in breast cancer patients with nontuberculous mycobacterial disease. Oncotarget 8:18070-18081 (2017). PubMed: 28160560
- Xue Y et al. Zinc-a-2-glycoprotein: a candidate biomarker for colon cancer diagnosis in Chinese population. Int J Mol Sci 16:691-703 (2015). IHC ; Human . PubMed: 25561225
- Priyadarsini S et al. Gross cystic disease fluid protein-15/prolactin-inducible protein as a biomarker for keratoconus disease. PLoS One 9:e113310 (2014). WB ; Human . PubMed: 25405607
- Yang MH et al. Proteomic profiling for peritoneal dialysate: differential protein expression in diabetes mellitus. Biomed Res Int 2013:642964 (2013). PubMed: 23781506