Product nameZincon, colorimetric indicator
DescriptionColorimetric indicator for Zn, Cu and Co.
- 2-[5-(2-Hydroxy-5-sulfophenyl)-3-phenyl-1-formazyl]benzoic acid monosodium salt
- 2-carboxy-2'-hydroxy-5'-sulfoformazylbenzene monosodium salt
Colorimetric indicator for Zn, Cu and Co, and a metal indicator in EDTA titration. Can also be used for flow injection analysis of zinc and copper.
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in ethanol
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
This product has been referenced in:
- Säbel CE et al. A spectrophotometric method for the determination of zinc, copper, and cobalt ions in metalloproteins using Zincon. Anal Biochem 397:218-26 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 19854146) »
- Richter P et al. Flow injection photometric determination of zinc and copper with zincon based on the variation of the stability of the complexes with pH. Analyst 122:1045-8 (1997). Read more (PubMed: 9463953) »
- Liu RM et al. Simultaneous determination of multicomponents by flow injection analysis: determination of copper and zinc in serum by using zincon as colouring reagent. Talanta 40:511-4 (1993). Read more (PubMed: 18965658) »
- Singhal GK & Tandon KN Studies on metallochromic indicators--II. Zincon and its mercury and zinc complexes as indicators in EDTA titrations. Talanta 14:1351-3 (1967). Read more (PubMed: 18960238) »