Key features and details
- Cell-permeable fluorogenic Zn2+ reporter
- CAS Number: 288574-78-7
- Purity: > 95%
- Soluble in DMSO
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameZinpyr-1, Fluorogenic Zn2+ reporter
DescriptionCell-permeable fluorogenic Zn2+ reporter
Biological descriptionCell-permeable fluorogenic Zn2+ reporter. 2,7-Dichlorofluorescein (ab146332) derivative. Induces positive fluorescence upon metal ion complexation. PET sensor.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab145349 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Moskovskich A et al. The transporters SLC35A1 and SLC30A1 play opposite roles in cell survival upon VSV virus infection. Sci Rep 9:10471 (2019). PubMed: 31320712
- Gao S et al. Cytokinin-dependent regulatory module underlies the maintenance of zinc nutrition in rice. New Phytol 224:202-215 (2019). PubMed: 31131881
- Lippi SLP et al. A Novel hAPP/htau Mouse Model of Alzheimer's Disease: Inclusion of APP With Tau Exacerbates Behavioral Deficits and Zinc Administration Heightens Tangle Pathology. Front Aging Neurosci 10:382 (2018). PubMed: 30524268
- Lippi SLP et al. Perfusion alters free zinc levels in the rodent brain. J Neurosci Methods 315:14-16 (2018). PubMed: 30599147