Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ZO1 tight junction protein
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ZO1 tight junction protein antibody
See all ZO1 tight junction protein primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ZO1 tight junction protein
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Pig
- Human testis, mouse colon, rat brain tissues.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab214228 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionThe N-terminal may be involved in transducing a signal required for tight junction assembly, while the C-terminal may have specific properties of tight junctions. The alpha domain might be involved in stabilizing junctions.
Tissue specificityThe alpha-containing isoform is found in most epithelial cell junctions. The short isoform is found both in endothelial cells and the highly specialized epithelial junctions of renal glomeruli and Sertoli cells of the seminiferous tubules.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MAGUK family.
Contains 1 guanylate kinase-like domain.
Contains 3 PDZ (DHR) domains.
Contains 1 SH3 domain.
Contains 1 ZU5 domain.
DomainThe second PDZ domain mediates interaction with GJA12.
modificationsPhosphorylated. Dephosphorylated by PTPRJ.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Cell junction > tight junction. Movement of ZO-1 from the cytoplasm to membrane is an early event occurring concurrently with cell-cell contact.
- Information by UniProt
- Tight junction protein 1 antibody
- Tight junction protein ZO-1 antibody
- Tight junction protein ZO1 antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed and paraffin embedded human testis tissue labeling ZO1 tight junction protein with ab214228 at 1/250 dilution.
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed and paraffin embedded rat brain tissue labeling ZO1 tight junction protein with ab214228 at 1/100 dilution, followed by secondary detection and DAB staining.
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed and paraffin embedded mouse colon tissue labeling ZO1 tight junction protein with ab214228 at 1/100 dilution.
ab214228 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Zhang K et al. Rumen-derived lipopolysaccharide induced ruminal epithelium barrier damage in goats fed a high-concentrate diet. Microb Pathog 131:81-86 (2019). PubMed: 30910720
- Feng L et al. Bisphenol A increases intestinal permeability through disrupting intestinal barrier function in mice. Environ Pollut 254:112960 (2019). PubMed: 31394344
- Liu Y et al. Quercetin suppresses glomerulosclerosis and TGF-ß signaling in a rat model. Mol Med Rep 19:4589-4596 (2019). PubMed: 30942399
- Tao S et al. Original low birth weight deteriorates the hindgut epithelial barrier function in pigs at the growing stage. FASEB J 33:9897-9912 (2019). PubMed: 31170357
- Hu J et al. Lactobacillus frumenti Facilitates Intestinal Epithelial Barrier Function Maintenance in Early-Weaned Piglets. Front Microbiol 9:897 (2018). PubMed: 29867808
- Zhang K et al. Replacement of grains with soybean hulls ameliorates SARA-induced impairment of the colonic epithelium barrier function of goats. BMC Vet Res 14:376 (2018). PubMed: 30509252
- Chen K et al. Activated ?7nachr Improves Postoperative Cognitive Dysfunction and Intestinal Injury Induced by Cardiopulmonary Bypass in Rats: Inhibition of the Proinflammatory Response Through the Th17 Immune Response. Cell Physiol Biochem 46:1175-1188 (2018). PubMed: 29672286