Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ZO1 tight junction protein
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ZO1 tight junction protein antibody
See all ZO1 tight junction protein primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ZO1 tight junction protein
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide. This information is considered to be commercially sensitive.
- WB: A549, HeLa, HeLa CCCP stimulated, PC-3, SK-OV-3, A431, HEK-293T and HEK-293T tunicamycin stimulated whole cell lysates. IHC-P: Mouse adipose tissue. ICC/IF: Caco-2, MCF7 cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab216880 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 195, 187 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 195 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/200. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionThe N-terminal may be involved in transducing a signal required for tight junction assembly, while the C-terminal may have specific properties of tight junctions. The alpha domain might be involved in stabilizing junctions.
Tissue specificityThe alpha-containing isoform is found in most epithelial cell junctions. The short isoform is found both in endothelial cells and the highly specialized epithelial junctions of renal glomeruli and Sertoli cells of the seminiferous tubules.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MAGUK family.
Contains 1 guanylate kinase-like domain.
Contains 3 PDZ (DHR) domains.
Contains 1 SH3 domain.
Contains 1 ZU5 domain.
DomainThe second PDZ domain mediates interaction with GJA12.
modificationsPhosphorylated. Dephosphorylated by PTPRJ.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Cell junction > tight junction. Movement of ZO-1 from the cytoplasm to membrane is an early event occurring concurrently with cell-cell contact.
- Information by UniProt
- Tight junction protein 1 antibody
- Tight junction protein ZO-1 antibody
- Tight junction protein ZO1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-ZO1 tight junction protein antibody (ab216880) at 1/1000 dilution
Lanes 1 & 15 : MW ladder (opal pre-stained)
Lane 2 : WM-115 whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : A549 whole cell lysate
Lane 4 : HeLa whole cell lysate
Lane 5 : HeLa CCCP stimulated whole cell lysate
Lane 6 : PC-3 whole cell lysate
Lane 7 : SK-OV-3 whole cell lysate
Lane 8 : Mouse testis lysate
Lane 9 : Rat testis lysate
Lane 10 : A431 whole cell lysate
Lane 11 : K562 whole cell lysate
Lane 12 : HL-60 whole cell lysate
Lane 13 : HEK-293T whole cell lysate
Lane 14 : HEK-293T tunicamycin stimulated whole cell lysate
All lanes : Rabbit secondary HRP antibody at 1/70000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 195 kDa
Observed band size: 187,195 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 11 seconds
Blocking buffer: Blotto 5%.
Dilution buffer: 1X PBS, 0.01% azide.
ab216880 stained in MCF7 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) cells. Cells were fixed with 100% methanol (5 minutes) at room temperature and incubated with PBS containing 10% goat serum, 0.3 M glycine, 1% BSA and 0.1% tween for 1 hour at room temperature to permeabilize the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab216880 at 1 µg/ml and ab7291 (Mouse monoclonal [DM1A] to alpha Tubulin - Loading Control) at 1/1000 dilution overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibodies were ab150120 (pseudo-colored red) and ab150081 (colored green) used at 1 µg/ml for 1 hour at room temperature. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (colored blue) at a concentration of 1.43 µM for 1 hour at room temperature
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded mouse adipose tissue labeling ZO1 tight junction protein with ab216880 at 1/100 dilution (A) or 1/200 dilution (B). Visualized with WARP RED on MACH 4 universal AP polymer detection system.
Immunofluorescent analysis of 0.5% PFA-fixed (A and C) and 0.5% methanol-fixed (B and D) Caco-2 (human colorectal adenocarcinoma cell line) cells labeling ZO1 tight junction protein with ab216880 at 10 µg/ml (green).
The nuclear counter stain is DAPI (blue).
Secondary antibody only control: C and D.
ab216880 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Wang W et al. Enterovirus A71 capsid protein VP1 increases blood-brain barrier permeability and virus receptor vimentin on the brain endothelial cells. J Neurovirol 26:84-94 (2020). PubMed: 31512144
- Xie Y et al. Impact of a high-fat diet on intestinal stem cells and epithelial barrier function in middle-aged female mice. Mol Med Rep 21:1133-1144 (2020). PubMed: 32016468
- Yu Y et al. Hydrogen gas alleviates blood-brain barrier impairment and cognitive dysfunction of septic mice in an Nrf2-dependent pathway. Int Immunopharmacol 85:106585 (2020). PubMed: 32447221
- Chen Q et al. Effects of methionine partially replaced by methionyl-methionine dipeptide on intestinal function in methionine-deficient pregnant mice. J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl) 103:1610-1618 (2019). PubMed: 31106911
- Li C et al. Autophagy regulates the therapeutic potential of adipose-derived stem cells in LPS-induced pulmonary microvascular barrier damage. Cell Death Dis 10:804 (2019). PubMed: 31645547